The primary focus of the EclipseLink 2.7 release is stability, Java EE 8 integration, and JPA-RS.
Main features and changes include:
- Bean Validation support in MOXy
- Java API for JSON Processing (JSR-353) support in MOXy
- JPA-RS Enhancements (Pagination, Options, Versions, ...)
- Redesign of type property in JSON processing
- Pluggable Serializers
- JGroups Support
In addition to the features highlighted above, this release also includes a substantial number of bug fixes and enhancements:
Other important changes and updates include:
- Behavior of @XmlID and @XmlValue annotations has been updated to be JAXB 2.2 RI compatible. Fields annotated with @XmlID must be of type String, classes which contain field with @XmlValue annotation must not extend other type than java.lang.Object. To provide backward compatibility with EclipseLink 2.5.0, annotations @XmlIDExtension and @XmlValueExtension were introduced.
- Annotations @XmlElementNillable and @XmlNullPolicy are supported in both ElementType.TYPE and ElementType.PACKAGE targets, to enable configuration of @XmlElement nillable parameter and runtime null policy at package level.
The following are known issues and changes that have been identified as potentially affecting users of EclipseLink 2.7.
When running EclipseLink 2.7 in Glassfish 4.0, you must specify a valid datasource in the persistence.xml through either the jta-data-source or non-jta-data-source tags.
Java hotspot compiler may crash when compiling org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.CommitManager::commitChangedObjectsForClassWithChangeSet As a workaround, execute java with -XX:CompileCommand=exclude,org/eclipse/persistence/internal/sessions/CommitManager,commitChangedObjectsForClassWithChangeSet command line option for JIT compiler. More information can be found at: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=461322
EclipseLink remains focused on delivering support for the latest standards. EclipseLink 2.7 offers certified support for:
- Java Persistence (JPA) 2.2 - JSR 338
- Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB) 2.3 - JSR 222
- Service Data Objects (SDO) 2.1.1 - JSR 235
- Java API for JSON Processing (JSON-P) 1.0 - JSR 353
The previous EclipseLink 2.6 releases will remain available for download from the previous releases page where they will remain for a minimum period of 2 years before becoming available for archival.
For more information about future planned EclipseLink releases and patch sets please refer to the releases section of the project summary.