Run your favorite IDE on Kubernetes
Create a workspace from a Git repository or sample
Enjoy Development Again
Spend your time coding, not configuring your laptop
- A browser is the only requirement.
- Click on a link and start coding
- Automated git setup
- Run your application on Kubernetes with no pain
- No setup required.
- Switch branch or project opening a new browser tab
- Faster dependencies download from within the cloud.
Repeatable, software defined, development environments.
- Access the Kubernetes API from the IDE
- Test your application in a prod-like environment
Same Code, different IDE
Swap the IDE as you would change your sunglasses
Visual Studio Code
A fast and modern code editor built on top of Visual Studio Code Open Source. Configured to run in Kubernetes Pods.
The IDEs for professional developers run with JetBrains Projector and deployed on Kubernetes.
Built on top of the Theia IDE platform developed under the Eclipse Foundation.
Software defined development environments
The Devfile format is used to define development workspaces
Versioned with code
An Open Format
The Devfile is a CNCF project contributed by Red Hat, AWS and JetBrains.