OSEE - XViewer
Documentation moved to OSEE Wiki
XViewer - Advanced TreeViewer Widget
EclipseCon 2009 Presentation Slides
Download Zip of Code and Example
The purpose of the XViewer is to give the application developer a more advanced and dynamic TreeViewer that has the filtering and sorting the capabilities of a spreadsheet while providing the users the ability to customize their table to suit their current needs and save/restore these customizations for future use by individual or group.
The current XViewer already commited as part of the Eclipse OSEE Project.
More information is available at OSEE XViewer.
Near term plans to submit this to the Nebula project
- Provides table customization dialog to allow customization of visible columns, widths and renaming of columns
- Easily reorder columns through drag/drop or table customization
- Provides mechanism to save and load table customizations so users can easily switch between customizations
- Provides mechanism to mark table customizations as individual or global to provide sharing of customizations by users and teams (needs to be backed with shared file system or database)
- Provides mechanism to mark table customization as default customization to display whenever this table is shown
- Provides ability for multiple XViewer tables to be used within the same application, but provide their own columns and customiztions
- Sort individual columns (forward or reverse) using data-specific configured sorter for that columns data type
- Perform unlimited multi-column sorting by holding Ctrl key down and selecting other columns. Re-selecting a column while Ctrl is held down will reverse the sort for that column
- Quick filter (bottom left) provides for filtering of all visible data by entered keywords
- Alt-left click on column header (or right-click menu) allows for filtering by column. As many column filters can be added and work together.
- Provides simple metrics (bottom status label) to show number of objects loaded, number shown and number selected.
- Status label shows filters and sorters that are currently applied to viewer (bottom status label)
- Provides ability to copy rows, columns or individual cells into buffer for pasting into other applications
- Allows for multi-column editing of selected rows/columns
- Provides html rendering of currently visible table data
- Provides comma separated value export to csv file that can be opened in any spreadsheet application
- All the normal capabilities of the existing SWT Tree/TreeViewer have been retained as XViewer is an extension to TreeViewer
- Submitted to Nebula as alternative to existing SWT TreeViewer (already part of eclipse.org/osee project)
- Allow for advanced column filtering by complex expression and "canned list" of already entered items
- Add regular expressions to all filtering capabilities
- Provide easy ability to sum selected rows for selected column
- Provide simple summing/counting of rows/column data
- Provide formulas and functions for advanced summing/counting of data
- Provide graphing and charting of data
- Collaborate with other table/tree solutions to integrate functionality...
Sorting and Filtering
HTML Report and CSV Export