Linux Tools Project - Specfile Editor
Specfile Editor is an editor for RPM spec files. Specfiles are the files that tell the rpm program which are the sources for this package,
how to build, where to install, additional scripts to execute on install/uninstall and so on. This plugin provides all the basic features
for editing or modifing such specfile.
The plugin can do the following:
- Highlight specfile contents.
- Integrate with rpmlint to validate the specfile.
- Quick fixes for the most common rpmlint warnings.
- Outline and quick outline views.
- Changelog plugin integration for auto-generation changelog entries.
- Auto-complete for package names and rpm macros.
- Import and export wizards.
- More rpmlint quick fixes.
- Form based editor. Help wanted
- Increase test coverage.
Nice to have but no plans for now
- Shell script editor integration.
- Lua script editor integration - Latest rpm releases are offering Lua as an option for scripting inside specfiles.
Please read our User guide for detailed instructions.
Specfile editor demo in ogg format
Try it out
Follow the instructions .