Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Details on paths in .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component
Details on paths in .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component [message #1397224] Wed, 09 July 2014 11:53 Go to next message
Heinrich Filter is currently offline Heinrich FilterFriend
Is there a specification for the
org.eclipse.wst.common.component
file somewhere?

I know there is an xsd available but I want more information, specifically whether paths should have a leading slash or not.

E.g. when creating a new Dynamic Web Project in Eclipse, the org.eclipse.wst.common.component file will have an entry that looks something like this:

<wb-resource deploy-path="/" source-path="/src/main/webapp"/>

However if the Gradle Eclipse plugin generates the file it will look like this (notice the absence of the leading slash for the source-path attribute):

<wb-resource deploy-path="/" source-path="src/main/webapp"/>

The latter version causes trouble for me when deploying to WebSphere Liberty Profile and I want to figure out where it should be fixed?

Should Gradle rather add the leading slash? Or is the leading slash optional and WebSphere must be more tolerant of configuration differences? Or both?

For more information about my specific problem you can see the following forum posts at WebSphere and Gradle:
developer.ibm.com/answers/questions/18451/gradle-generated-projects-fail-to-deploy-to-websphere-liberty-profile-if-using-loose-config/
forums.gradle.org/gradle/topics/eclipsewtp_plugin_generates_inconsistent_org_eclipse_wst_common_component_files_when_compared_to_eclipse_maven_equivalents

(Sorry, could not create links because this is my first message to this forum)

Any pointers would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Re: Details on paths in .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component [message #1403307 is a reply to message #1397224] Tue, 22 July 2014 19:55 Go to previous message
Heinrich Filter is currently offline Heinrich FilterFriend
Thought I'd let you know that I have cross posted this question to StackOverflow:
stackoverflow.com/questions/24896576

If I get any answers I will also update this thread.
Previous Topic:Tomcat web files, Eclipse editing, SVN repo
Next Topic:WTP and Luna
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:22:37 GMT 2024