Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE(Are the IDE's plugins)
Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE [message #1394077] Fri, 04 July 2014 19:03 Go to next message
Arthur Schwarz is currently offline Arthur Schwarz
This is probably a really dumb question. I would like to get an integrated C/C++ and Java IDE (same IDE supporting C/C++ and Java). Eclipse used to allow downloading an integrated IDE but has, for some time, provided several independent IDE's. Is there some way to get a single Eclipse IDE to combine 2 or more IDE's for Java and C/C++ or do I have to have a separate IDE for each language?
Re: Integrated Java/C/C+ IDE [message #1394084 is a reply to message #1394077] Fri, 04 July 2014 19:16 Go to previous message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug Schaefer
You can have a combined IDE. I use one that combines the Eclipse SDK, including Java, CDT, Android, JavaScript, and a bunch of other things all in one. It's a bit clunky to do but can be done. Just go to the Help -> Install New Software... menu item and bring up the install dialog.

First install one of them, Java or C/C++. Then after launching it, select the "Luna - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna" item in the "Work with:" selector. Then find the other IDE components you would like in the list and install it.

It's not a great experience and I plan on spending some time this summer working on a real installer and maybe get some of the bigger chunks into the Eclipse Marketplace which has a much nicer UI and experience. But I'm glad you brought this up because confirms for me that we need a good answer so people like yourself can get the IDE flavors you want without having to install multiple IDEs.
Previous Topic:Failed to connect sshd
Next Topic:debugging child process in eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 19 15:57:57 GMT 2014