Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Sample Model in Tutorial(Cannot find/install the sample model on which the tutorial is based on.)
Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1207411] Sun, 24 November 2013 10:18 Go to next message
Alexander Rettner is currently offline Alexander Rettner
Messages: 3
Registered: March 2013
Junior Member
Hi,

I am trying to go through the Sirius Tutorial. My problems comes at the point, when it says: We have a sample model based on this DSL to get an instant feedback of the new modeling tool, but I cannot find the example.
I installed Sirius also the package Sirius Samples, however when I rightlick on the Model Explorer and go to New>Example... then the example for basicfamily does not appear.
Where can I find it?
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1209662 is a reply to message #1207411] Mon, 25 November 2013 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esteban Dugueperoux is currently offline Esteban Dugueperoux
Messages: 289
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Alexander,

If you talk about teh "get started" from
http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/getstarted.html ,
we have raised https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=422490 to
fix this issue.

Best Regards.

Le 24/11/2013 20:07, Alexander Rettner a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to go through the Sirius Tutorial. My problems comes at the
> point, when it says: We have a sample model based on this DSL to get an
> instant feedback of the new modeling tool, but I cannot find the example.
> I installed Sirius also the package Sirius Samples, however when I
> rightlick on the Model Explorer and go to New>Example... then the
> example for basicfamily does not appear.
> Where can I find it?
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1211041 is a reply to message #1207411] Tue, 26 November 2013 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esteban Dugueperoux is currently offline Esteban Dugueperoux
Messages: 289
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Alexander,

I have attached the metamodel plugins that can be used to execute the
tutorial.

Best Regards.

Le 24/11/2013 20:07, Alexander Rettner a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to go through the Sirius Tutorial. My problems comes at the
> point, when it says: We have a sample model based on this DSL to get an
> instant feedback of the new modeling tool, but I cannot find the example.
> I installed Sirius also the package Sirius Samples, however when I
> rightlick on the Model Explorer and go to New>Example... then the
> example for basicfamily does not appear.
> Where can I find it?
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1212075 is a reply to message #1211041] Tue, 26 November 2013 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Rettner is currently offline Alexander Rettner
Messages: 3
Registered: March 2013
Junior Member
Hi Esteban,

you are right, I am talking about the video on http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/getstarted.html.

I am having difficulties with your files, cause I don't know how to handle them.

What kind of project is the one with name basicfamily.sample, which can be seen in the Model Explorer view from the video? Can you provide the project, which contains the sample model?
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1215908 is a reply to message #1212075] Thu, 28 November 2013 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esteban Dugueperoux is currently offline Esteban Dugueperoux
Messages: 289
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Alexander,

Indeed there miss some preleminary steps before following the video
tutorial that I list here :

1. Install Sirius using instructions from
http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/download.html
2. Install the optional feature "Sirius Samples" which include the Ecore
modeler to see a graphical representation of the metamodel as shown at
the beginning of the video
3. Import the family.zip in attachement, we should get 3 projects
corresponding to the DSL used in the video
4. Open the "org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily" project and double
click on basicfamily.aird in model folder, expand the chilren until
"basicfamily package entities" and double click on it to open the
graphical representation of the DSL as shown in the video
5. From these 3 plugin projects, launch a Eclipse runtime with
sufficient JVM memory, "-XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xms40m -Xmx512m" for example.
6. In the runtime go to the Sirius perspective and create a Modeling
Project, paste in it the attached example.basicfamily. Here you can
browse your example model as shown in the video
7. From now you can follow the video to create your modeler based on
basicfamily DSL.

We will improve this get started to have these missing informations.
Thanks for your feedbacks.

Best Regards.

Le 26/11/2013 20:02, Alexander Rettner a écrit :
> Hi Esteban,
>
> you are right, I am talking about the video on
> http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/getstarted.html.
>
> I am having difficulties with your files, cause I don't know how to
> handle them.
>
> What kind of project is the one with name basicfamily.sample, which can
> be seen in the Model Explorer view from the video? Can you provide the
> project, which contains the sample model?
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1219421 is a reply to message #1215908] Tue, 03 December 2013 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Rettner is currently offline Alexander Rettner
Messages: 3
Registered: March 2013
Junior Member
Thank you Esteban, now it's working for me.
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1220498 is a reply to message #1219421] Thu, 12 December 2013 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Desprez is currently offline Julien Desprez
Messages: 1
Registered: December 2013
Junior Member
Hi,
I'm also trying to play with this tutorial. My problem appears when I try to expand the children until "basicfamily package entities". I can't find this package, and I wonder if this problem may come from my version of Eclipse (luna) or my installation of Sirius (through the marketplace) ... Do I miss something ?
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1220560 is a reply to message #1220498] Thu, 12 December 2013 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime Porhel
Messages: 71
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi

First of all, thanks for your interest in Sirius.

The Sirius 0.9.0 release brings the correction of bug #420151 [1] which
moves the sample Ecore modeler into a separate feature and renames the
plugin org.sirius.pim.ecore.design into org.sirius.sample.ecore.design.

The aird file contained in the family.zip of the previous message still
references the Viewpoint "Design" from org.sirius.pim.ecore.design plugin.

You have to solutions:
. Right-clic the and clic on Viewpoints selection, then activate the
Viewpoint "Design", a "basicfamily package entities" diagram will be
available as shown in the video.
. Get the attached updated files, the aird file has been corrected.


Regards,

Maxime

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=420151
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1225739 is a reply to message #1220560] Mon, 30 December 2013 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang Haug is currently offline Wolfgang Haug
Messages: 3
Registered: June 2012
Junior Member
Maxime,
I still have the same problems as Julien.
I imported the projects from the newly attached zip file, but I still cannot expand the model files, as described.
The other solution you propsed was
"Right-clic the and clic on Viewpoints selection, then activate the
Viewpoint "Design", a "basicfamily package entities" diagram will be
available as shown in the video."

but I must admit I didn't get your point.
Can you give me some further hints?
Regards and Thanks
Wolfgang
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1225772 is a reply to message #1225739] Mon, 30 December 2013 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime Porhel
Messages: 71
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Wolfgang,

Le 30/12/2013 18:41, Wolfgang Haug a écrit :
> Maxime,
> I still have the same problems as Julien.
> I imported the projects from the newly attached zip file, but I still
> cannot expand the model files, as described.
> The other solution you propsed was
> "Right-clic the and clic on Viewpoints selection, then activate the

I wanted to write: Right-clic the
'org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily' Modeling project and clic on the
'Viewpoints selection' contextual menu entry, ...

> Viewpoint "Design", a "basicfamily package entities" diagram will be
> available as shown in the video."
> but I must admit I didn't get your point.
> Can you give me some further hints?

The aird files contain the representations (diagram, table, tree)
related data. The aird from the first attached zip references a
Viewpoint which has been moved to another plugin. The zip I attached
contains an aird whose URIs to the moved Viewpoint have been corrected.


> Regards and Thanks
> Wolfgang
>

Regards,

Maxime
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1226020 is a reply to message #1225772] Tue, 31 December 2013 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang Haug is currently offline Wolfgang Haug
Messages: 3
Registered: June 2012
Junior Member
Maxim,
thanks for your response, but unfortunately I am still not able to go ahead.
I used the latest family.zip and imported the contained projects.
But I am not able to expand the files basicfamily.aird, basicfamily.ecore and basicfamily.genmodel as shown in the video of the tutorial.
And I also cannot find the mentioned context menu "Viewpoints selection" for the project "org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily". My context menu doesn't contain a related entry.

I use "Kepler Service Release 1" and installed all Sirius items from "http://download.eclipse.org/sirius/updates/releases/0.9.0/kepler"

What do I wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wolfgang
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1226029 is a reply to message #1226020] Tue, 31 December 2013 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime Porhel
Messages: 71
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Wolfgang,

Le 31/12/2013 13:44, Wolfgang Haug a écrit :
> Maxim,
> thanks for your response, but unfortunately I am still not able to go
> ahead.
> I used the latest family.zip and imported the contained projects.
> But I am not able to expand the files basicfamily.aird,
> basicfamily.ecore and basicfamily.genmodel as shown in the video of the
> tutorial.
> And I also cannot find the mentioned context menu "Viewpoints selection"
> for the project "org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily". My context menu
> doesn't contain a related entry.


> I use "Kepler Service Release 1" and installed all Sirius items from
> "http://download.eclipse.org/sirius/updates/releases/0.9.0/kepler"
>
> What do I wrong?

I think your active perspective is the Java one. You have to open the
Modeling [1] or Sirius [2] perspectives to get all the required views,
wizards and menu to use Sirius.
>

>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Wolfgang
>


Regards,

Maxime

[1]
http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/user/general/Modeling%20Project.html#ModelingPerspective

[1]
http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/general/Specifying_Viewpoints.html#vsp
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1226032 is a reply to message #1226029] Tue, 31 December 2013 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang Haug is currently offline Wolfgang Haug
Messages: 3
Registered: June 2012
Junior Member
That's it.
Thanks Maxim.
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1229443 is a reply to message #1226032] Thu, 09 January 2014 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nawel Amok is currently offline Nawel Amok
Messages: 8
Registered: November 2013
Junior Member
Hello,

I had the same problem (not being able to expand the files of basicfamily.aird) but with this new configuration :

> I use "Kepler Service Release 1" and installed all Sirius items from
> "http://download.eclipse.org/sirius/updates/releases/0.9.0/kepler"

I can now expand it and see the "basicfamily package entities"

But i can not go further: i don't know what location file to choose in the External tool location of my new run configuration

Any help please

Thanks in advance
Nawel
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1229451 is a reply to message #1229443] Thu, 09 January 2014 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nawel Amok is currently offline Nawel Amok
Messages: 8
Registered: November 2013
Junior Member

Hi again,

That's it ! i had to open the java perspective to have the run configuration menu to be able to run an eclipse application

Thanks any way Smile
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1236535 is a reply to message #1229451] Mon, 27 January 2014 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alain spiewek is currently offline alain spiewek
Messages: 3
Registered: January 2014
Junior Member
Hello,
I have similar problem. I've just dowloaded Eclipse Modeling Tools (Kepler SR1) and Sirius 0.9 from sirius official site.
I've used either family.zip from sirius site or the one attached by Maxime
Problem I'm facing is the following with both zip files:
- I can expand basicfamily.ecore and basicfamily.genmodel files
- I can't expand basicfamily.aird!
- when right clicking on org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily and selecting Viewpoint selection, there is nothing to select !

I should have missed something in my eclipse set up somewhere, but what and where?

Another request, is it possible to download the video from another site then youtube? My company is blocking YouTube, no way then to see it...

Thanks
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1236577 is a reply to message #1236535] Mon, 27 January 2014 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime Porhel
Messages: 71
Registered: July 2009
Member
Le 27/01/2014 15:11, alain spiewek a écrit :
> Hello,

Hi Alain,

> I have similar problem. I've just dowloaded Eclipse Modeling Tools
> (Kepler SR1) and Sirius 0.9 from sirius official site.
> I've used either family.zip from sirius site or the one attached by Maxime
> Problem I'm facing is the following with both zip files:
> - I can expand basicfamily.ecore and basicfamily.genmodel files
> - I can't expand basicfamily.aird!
> - when right clicking on org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily and
> selecting Viewpoint selection, there is nothing to select !
>
> I should have missed something in my eclipse set up somewhere, but what
> and where?

In which perspective are you ? I think your active perspective is the
Java one. You have to open the Modeling [1] or Sirius [2] perspectives
to get all the required views, wizards and menu to use Sirius.

> Another request, is it possible to download the video from another site
> then youtube? My company is blocking YouTube, no way then to see it...

It is now possible to download the video from [3] and it should be added
to the Sirius website soon.

>
> Thanks
>

Regards,

Maxime

[1]
http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/user/general/Modeling%20Project.html#ModelingPerspective

[2]
http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/general/Specifying_Viewpoints.html#vsp


[3] http://www.obeo.fr/videos/sirius/Sirius%20-%20Getting%20Started.mp4
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1236894 is a reply to message #1236577] Tue, 28 January 2014 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alain spiewek is currently offline alain spiewek
Messages: 3
Registered: January 2014
Junior Member
I confirm I'm in Sirius perspective. same issue in Modeling perspective

in a previous message, you wrote:
>> 2. Install the optional feature "Sirius Samples" which include the Ecore
>> modeler to see a graphical representation of the metamodel as shown at
>> the beginning of the video

I did not find this feature, where can I find it ? Is it mandatory?
Is Ecore part of the 0.9 Sirius release ?

In the same message, you wrote:
>> >> 4. Open the "org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily" project and double
>> click on basicfamily.aird in model folder, expand the chilren until
>> "basicfamily package entities" and double click on it to open the
>> graphical representation of the DSL as shown in the video

I imported project, I'm able to see aird file in model folder but nothing happened when I double click on it. I'm not able to expand it, I cannot then go further ...

It seems that my Eclipse config is not complete!
which resource is required to interpret aird file? where can I find it ?
Is it linked to the 'Sirius Samples' project ?

Thanks for your support
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1236904 is a reply to message #1236894] Tue, 28 January 2014 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime Porhel
Messages: 71
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi,

Le 28/01/2014 11:14, alain spiewek a écrit :
> I confirm I'm in Sirius perspective. same issue in Modeling perspective
>
> in a previous message, you wrote:
>>> 2. Install the optional feature "Sirius Samples" which include the
>>> Ecore modeler to see a graphical representation of the metamodel as
>>> shown at the beginning of the video
>
> I did not find this feature, where can I find it ? Is it mandatory?
> Is Ecore part of the 0.9 Sirius release ?

You should see the Sirius Samples (Incubation) item (child of the Sirius
item) in the Sirius 0.9 update site [1]

>
> In the same message, you wrote:
>>> >> 4. Open the "org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily" project and
>>> double click on basicfamily.aird in model folder, expand the chilren
>>> until "basicfamily package entities" and double click on it to open
>>> the graphical representation of the DSL as shown in the video
>
> I imported project, I'm able to see aird file in model folder but
> nothing happened when I double click on it. I'm not able to expand it, I
> cannot then go further ...

If Sirius is installed, and if you are in the Sirius or Modeling
perspective and in the Model Explorer view, the double clic on the aird
file should load and init the required elements and then you should be
able to expand it to open the contained diagram.
>
> It seems that my Eclipse config is not complete!
> which resource is required to interpret aird file? where can I find it ?
> Is it linked to the 'Sirius Samples' project ?
Sirius is required to interpret aird files. And for each aird, the
representation specification files (odesign, can be deployed in plugins)
are required to be able to display the contained representations

In the family sample case, the aird requires a sample Ecore Viewpoint
which is provided in the Sirius Sample feature.
>
> Thanks for your support
>
Regards

Maxime,

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/sirius/updates/releases/0.9.0/kepler
Re: Sample Model in Tutorial [message #1237644 is a reply to message #1236904] Thu, 30 January 2014 03:20 Go to previous message
alain spiewek is currently offline alain spiewek
Messages: 3
Registered: January 2014
Junior Member
I restarted from scratch (eclipse, sirius ...) and everything is working well now...
Thanks for your support

[Updated on: Thu, 30 January 2014 03:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Tool creating
Next Topic:UML models as semantic models in a Modelling Project
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Jul 28 10:40:11 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02969 seconds