|Re: We want your inputs for the next release of Koneki! [message #894652 is a reply to message #893353]
||Mon, 09 July 2012 21:32
| uiy uiy
Registered: May 2012
1. When the LDT is asking to update please have some sort of changelog or some way to know what the update is really about when it asks. I always update but it's nice to see what is changed.|
2. Function collapsing.
3. Editor: Ability to tabify. I hate having to delete a bunch of white space to align things and the ability to convert all spaces into tabs would be nice(just scan document and any group of 4 spaces would be converted to a tab).
White space management. When one presses delete at the end of a line it should bring the line below it right up to current line with just a whitespace between them. Currently when this is done one has to delete all the whitespace by hand that was from the indentation of that line.
Similarly for backspace but it either moves the line down a tab or to the start of the line.
The goal here is to keep everything tab aligned. I almost never have the need to start a line that isn't aligned on a tab but I find myself having to delete spaces all the time to align along tabs. By simply making the backspace and del greedy, even tab aligned greedy, one can solve most of these problems.
4. Intellisense improvements. I'm used to visual studio's comprehensive intellisense and it would be very nice to have something similar for ldt. I know there was some discussion or something about intellisense for user functions and variables but the ability to simply scan for functions in all open files or project files and make them available for intellisense would be nice. (something that will just trigger the neurons)
5. Make it easier to setup, run, and debug projects. The run/debug configurations and everything seems like a mess(maybe my ignorance on eclipse).
With visual studio if I want to debug I hit F5 and if I want to run I hit ctrl-F5.. or set it up for F6. It also automatically saves the files and doesn't pop up a box asking me to save which just slows down everything on small projects.
[Updated on: Tue, 10 July 2012 01:02]
Report message to a moderator
|Re: We want your inputs for the next release of Koneki! [message #894769 is a reply to message #894652]
||Tue, 10 July 2012 09:02
| Simon Bernard
Registered: July 2009
Hi uiy uiy,|
Thx for your feedback.
1. You're right, we must have a more readable deliver process. We will thing about that.
2. It could be a nice improvement.
3. There are some interesting propositions. It seems our formatter could answer to your needs. Did you try it?
4. We plan to improve our auto-completion system. We are focused on a smart but not complete auto-completion support, but it could have sense to complete it with dummy auto-completion. Did you try, the execution environment feature ?
5. Currently, we have only one debug launch configuration : "Attach to Lua Application". It is not a very simple way to debug but it allows to support a lot of different use cases (different kind of VM, remote debugging, ...)
We plan to add other kinds of launch configuration to simplify some use cases (with standard eclipse shortcut Ctrl+F11 to run and F11 to debug)
FYI, The shortcut is configurable in eclipse : windows/preferences/general/keys, and you could configure if you want a prompt or not when you run an application : windows/preferences/Run-Debug/Launching.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.24018 seconds