Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Specific Application Icon
Specific Application Icon [message #760722] Sun, 04 December 2011 19:54 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Is there a best practice in order to change the application Icon ?

I found this article for Eclipse RCP application: Branding Your Application. This probably apply to Eclipse Scout SWT application, but I was wondering if it is the good way or not.

There is also a branding tab in each product file (like <my app>-swt-client-dev.product)... Should I start there ?

Re: Specific Application Icon [message #760773 is a reply to message #760722] Mon, 05 December 2011 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Wiehl is currently offline Daniel WiehlFriend
The following steps only work for Scout release 3.8.0 which will be part of the Eclipse Juno release. For older Scout releases, it is easiest to install a fragment with SWT/Swing Plug-In as its Host-bundle. Add the icons to be customized into the folder '/resources/internal' of that fragment. Thereby, the application icon would be 'window16.png', 'window32.png', 'window48.png', 'window256.png' and the tray icon 'tray.gif'.

For Scout 3.8.0 (Juno):
In SWT, add an extension to the extension point 'org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swt.scouticons' of your SWT Plug-In. To change the application icon, choose an icon for the item 'window'.

In Swing, add an extension to the extension point 'org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swing.scouticons' of your Swing Plug-In. To change the application icon, choose an icon for the item 'window16', 'window32', 'window48' and 'window256', respectively. Also, choose an icon for the item 'tray' to have a custom tray icon installed. Please ensure the tray icon to be in the gif format. To change the application logo (splash), choose an image for the item 'logo'.

I hope that helps.
Re: Specific Application Icon [message #871267 is a reply to message #760773] Fri, 11 May 2012 17:23 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Are you sure this works with Scout 3.8 combined with Eclipse 4.2 (that will be the Juno release).
I just tried it with Juno M6 (download package and update from the SDK).

<extension
      point="org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swt.scouticons">
   <window
         icon="resources/icons/mcqs_32x32.gif">
   </window>
</extension>

In the Plugin Editor (XML tab), I get a warning "Element 'window' is depreciated".

In the Dock (Mac OS X) it now looks like this (swt dev product).
index.php/fa/9638/0/

Should I search and set the name and Icon the way Eclipse E4 is doing it ?
Do you have some pointer (code, article, ...) where I should start to look for ?

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Scout Client minimized to taskbar disappears when trying to reopen
Next Topic:Text on the splash screen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:22:26 GMT 2024