Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem in running java code in Android emulator
Problem in running java code in Android emulator [message #759634] Tue, 29 November 2011 12:21 Go to next message
Arka Sharma is currently offline Arka SharmaFriend
Hi,
I am using Eclipse galileo with android sdk 14 and adt 14 plugin.I am sitting inside a corporate netwrok and MCafee installed on my system and I don't have right to disable it.Now I requested the it team to get me android sdk and adt.Now I have added ANDROID_HOME/tools in PATH variable.Now when I am trying to run the SDK manager and install the API's after setting the proxy ip I am getting three error message.Saying
"A folder has to be moved....." and thus asking me to stop antivirus or any program that is using that path.But since I have no privilege I am unable to stop antivirus.In another error message it is saying "adb kill-server failed...".This error message came earlier at the time of installing the apis.Last message was like "Failed to rename directory Android_Home/tools to Android_Home/temp/ToolPackage.old01 ".Android_Home I'm using as a shortcut to my android installation directory.Now after that I started eclipse.Gave path of SDK location.Now since I'm behind a corporate network I'm unable to download from eclipse "Help > Install New Software".My IT team has given me the zip file for ADT.So I unzipped it.Copied the content of features and plugin directory to eclipse features and plugin directories respectively.Then restarted eclipse.I created a New Android Project and written some "Hello Android" code.Now if I right click on the editor pane in eclipse and mose over "Run as" no "Android Application" menu is there which should be.So I'm running from "Run" menu.But once I run it was running correctly but for second time I'm going to run it is not running correctly.If I restart emulator and eclipse then it is running.Each time I need to restart both eclipse and emulator.I need help on these two issues.

Regards,
Arka
Re: Problem in running java code in Android emulator [message #760682 is a reply to message #759634] Sun, 04 December 2011 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Javak  is currently offline Javak Friend
Please see the sticky post which is always on top of this forum: Trouble with Android Development Tools (ADT)? READ THIS FIRST.
Re: Problem in running java code in Android emulator [message #761832 is a reply to message #760682] Wed, 07 December 2011 06:18 Go to previous message
Arka Sharma is currently offline Arka SharmaFriend
This issue resolved.I uninstalled the old jdk1.6u12 and installed jdk1.6u22.And now it is running smoothly.
Thanks however.
Previous Topic:help!!!!!
Next Topic:CooCox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 21 21:35:47 GMT 2014