Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » scout » External Component(Custom Field, External Components)
icon5.gif  External Component [message #759012] Fri, 25 November 2011 15:09 Go to next message
Boy D'Poy is currently offline Boy D'PoyFriend
For my 3D App needs, I would like to integrate under the DesktopForm's MainBox (genarated by eclipse), the the jv.viewer.PvDisplay (which extends java.awt.Canvas) from javaview.de

Since I do not create this component but just reuse it, how can I carry a good integration?

The HowTo ExtendingScout seems to be inappropriate for this task.

Thanks.
Re: External Component [message #759024 is a reply to message #759012] Fri, 25 November 2011 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I am not sure I can explain you in detail how you do this, but I can give you some input:

* On the graphs on the slides 18 and 19 in the presentation given at the Stammtisch Z├╝rich (13 oct 2011) you will find some inputs on the code architecture.

* Have a look on the plug-ins added in the repository for the SVG Field (new with Eclipse Juno):
- org.eclipse.scout.svg.client
- org.eclipse.scout.svg.ui.swing
- org.eclipse.scout.svg.ui.swt

From my mind you want to do something similar for you 3D field.
Re: External Component [message #759939 is a reply to message #759012] Wed, 30 November 2011 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Hoegger is currently offline Andreas HoeggerFriend
Create your own GUI component (might have not functionality at this point):
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/HowTo/Add_a_custom_GUI_component

- copy the required libraries (*.jar) into the 'myapplication.ui.swing/lib' folder and ensure to have all jar files added to the bundle classpath ('Manifest.MF 'editor 'Runtime' tab 'Classpath' box).

- add the panel now to the custom ui component's initializeSwing method (new JView()...) .

Aware the configuration possibilities of the custom component model.

If you are using the SWT UI use the Swt Swing bridge:
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-Swing-SWT-Integration/index.html

Hope it helps
-Andreas
Re: External Component [message #762477 is a reply to message #759939] Thu, 08 December 2011 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi!

is it possible to supply full source code of the "Scout/HowTo/Add a custom GUI component" example on its page?

I try to do what I can with the links you gave me but I am not yet out of the woods.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2011 06:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: External Component [message #763495 is a reply to message #762477] Fri, 09 December 2011 21:26 Go to previous message
I finally came, it was almost to wrap an external component.
Tt's just the layout that is somewhat difficult, LogicalGridData being undocumented. Sad
Previous Topic:File handling
Next Topic:RemoteFileService
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 08:09:44 GMT 2016