Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout run from command line
Scout run from command line [message #758299] Tue, 22 November 2011 15:56 Go to next message
Allon Moritz is currently offline Allon MoritzFriend
Hi
Is there a tutorial or best practices how to use scout from the command line to do some tasks in headless mode on the server? Can scout also run in daemon mode?
Re: Scout run from command line [message #760411 is a reply to message #758299] Fri, 02 December 2011 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Leicht Vogt is currently offline Stephan Leicht VogtFriend
Hi Allon

I'm not sure if I understand your question. But there is no tutorial or best practices for scout in particular. What you certainly can do is connect to the osgi console and do all the osgi magic there is. And for that you would certainly find some tutorials (i.E [1]).
To your second question: You could export your server as a jetty-application. So you would get (for windows a exe) an application which, i think, could be registered as service in windows or be startet from a cron-job in unix.

Does this help you?

[1] http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2008/08/01/tip-custom-osgi-equinox-console-commands/
Re: Scout run from command line [message #778377 is a reply to message #760411] Thu, 12 January 2012 16:37 Go to previous message
Beat Schwarzentrub is currently offline Beat SchwarzentrubFriend
Hi Allon

If you are looking for a way to run the Scout client application from a command line in headless mode (i.e. without GUI), this can certainly be accomplished. Simply replace the main application class of your product by your own implemention of IApplication. If you don't open a GUI inside the start method, you are already running "headless". When there is a backend to be called, you probabely want to include some Subject.doAs() stuff. Have a look at AbstractSwingApplication to get the idea.

B.
Previous Topic:SCOUT + RAP
Next Topic:hibernate / jpa documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:24:49 GMT 2024