Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » setting build.id in about.mappings
setting build.id in about.mappings [message #690717] Thu, 30 June 2011 04:47 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: Blue

Hi,

I'm using buckminster to build my project, and I added the token @build@
to my about.mappings and I was expecting buckmister to replace it with
the build timestamp, but In my About box I see the text ${build.id}. I'm
assuming I'm missing a step, but Not sure what is it.

I need to set the build.id to the timestamp of the build.

Any help?
Re: setting build.id in about.mappings [message #690736 is a reply to message #690717] Thu, 30 June 2011 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Messages: 3240
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
If you pass -Dbuild.id=<your build id> when you perform your site.p2 action, you should be all set. Some more info can
be found here:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=309144

- thomas

On 2011-06-30 06:47, Blue wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using buckminster to build my project, and I added the token @build@ to my about.mappings and I was expecting
> buckmister to replace it with the build timestamp, but In my About box I see the text ${build.id}. I'm assuming I'm
> missing a step, but Not sure what is it.
>
> I need to set the build.id to the timestamp of the build.
>
> Any help?
Re: setting build.id in about.mappings [message #690744 is a reply to message #690736] Thu, 30 June 2011 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: Blue

On 6/29/11 10:51 PM, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> If you pass -Dbuild.id=<your build id> when you perform your site.p2
> action, you should be all set. Some more info can be found here:
>
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=309144
>
Thanks, this is useful, I looked in Buckminster book, but couldn't find
any info about build id
Now, how can I synchronize the timestamp used for the plugins qualifier
and the build.id ?
Also I want to format the build.id to contain Hudson build id, and the
timestamp used for plugins qualifier.
Re: setting build.id in about.mappings [message #690745 is a reply to message #690744] Thu, 30 June 2011 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: Blue

On 6/29/11 11:22 PM, Blue wrote:
> On 6/29/11 10:51 PM, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
>> If you pass -Dbuild.id=<your build id> when you perform your site.p2
>> action, you should be all set. Some more info can be found here:
>>
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=309144
>>
> Thanks, this is useful, I looked in Buckminster book, but couldn't find
> any info about build id
> Now, how can I synchronize the timestamp used for the plugins qualifier
> and the build.id ?
> Also I want to format the build.id to contain Hudson build id, and the
> timestamp used for plugins qualifier.
>
>
More clarification. I tried to use Hudson variable $BUILD_ID in the
buckminster.properties file, but I got Exceptions from Buckminster while
it was trying to parse the format.

Also, if I ignored Hudson for now, How can I use timestamp generator in
buckminster.properties and use the same timestamp for build.id property?
Re: setting build.id in about.mappings [message #690829 is a reply to message #690745] Thu, 30 June 2011 09:30 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Messages: 3240
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 2011-06-30 08:25, Blue wrote:
> On 6/29/11 11:22 PM, Blue wrote:
>
> More clarification. I tried to use Hudson variable $BUILD_ID in the
> buckminster.properties file, but I got Exceptions from Buckminster while
> it was trying to parse the format.
>
The Buckminster property expansion falls back to Eclipse variable
expansion so this should work:

build_id = ${env_var:BUILD_ID}

> Also, if I ignored Hudson for now, How can I use timestamp generator in
> buckminster.properties and use the same timestamp for build.id property?
>
That timestamp will differ between projects. It finds the last
modification in the subtree and uses that so it's not suitable to use as
a build_id.

- thomas
Previous Topic:Buckminster code-base has moved to Git
Next Topic:Circular Component Dependency Issue with JDT
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Mar 26 07:38:48 GMT 2017

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03107 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software