Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to "Open Command Prompt Here" in Windows(A little description of how I figured out how to implement this feature)
How to "Open Command Prompt Here" in Windows [message #659268] Fri, 11 March 2011 17:55 Go to next message
Scott Danzig is currently offline Scott DanzigFriend
This possibly has been posted elsewhere but I didn't find it. I figured some of you may find this useful, and perhaps suggest an improvement. I found this: http://blog.eflow.org/archives/64 .. but it didn't seem very amiable to a windows setup because cmd only opens in the same window..and thus will appear in the eclipse console. Try this:

Create a file like c:\windows\system32\opencmd.bat

It should contain this one line:

@start "Command Prompt" cmd %*

Click the arrow next to the External Tools button and open the "External Tools Configuration..." ...the blog.eflow.org link details where this button is.

Right-click Program then click "New".

Click "Browse File System..." and point to the opencmd.bat file.

Set Name to "Command Prompt".

Set Working Directory to ${resource_loc}

Click Close.

Click on the arrow next to the external tools button again and click "Organize Favorites".

Click Add...

Select "Command Prompt" and click OK.

Now when you highlight a folder in your Package Explorer and click the External Tools button, it will open a command prompt with the folder as its current directory.

I wouldn't mind a solution where the option appears in the context menu of the resource, and perhaps opens in the containing folder when a file is selected, if someone wants to expand on this.

- Scott Danzig
Re: How to "Open Command Prompt Here" in Windows [message #659274 is a reply to message #659268] Fri, 11 March 2011 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Danzig is currently offline Scott DanzigFriend
Well, that was quick..found this plugin that works better:

http://code.google.com/p/tarlog-plugins/
Re: How to "Open Command Prompt Here" in Windows [message #826089 is a reply to message #659268] Wed, 21 March 2012 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Tougas is currently offline Jonathan TougasFriend
Arguments: /C start cmd /K
Re: How to "Open Command Prompt Here" in Windows [message #826168 is a reply to message #826089] Wed, 21 March 2012 18:56 Go to previous message
Sandip Chitale is currently offline Sandip ChitaleFriend
"Open Command Prompt Here" functionality and much more...

http://code.google.com/p/pathtools/
Previous Topic:About LTK and Git
Next Topic:attach debugger to running RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:03:35 GMT 2024