Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] transformation order(how ATL transforms model?)
[ATL] transformation order [message #629131] Mon, 27 September 2010 10:25 Go to next message
yanzhang  is currently offline yanzhang Friend
Hello,

I'm a beginner of ATL. At present, I'm try to obtain the finite state machine from the java souce code directly. But I couldn't solve the event order. And I don't know the order of ATL transformation. Is it according to the order of source code or does it transform every instance of the metamodel element and then another metamodel element?

If there is no relevant order of the source code, how you get the information when use Acceleo to generate java source code correctly?

Thanks a lot

[Updated on: Mon, 27 September 2010 10:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ATL] transformation order [message #629153 is a reply to message #629131] Mon, 27 September 2010 11:24 Go to previous message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
You should'nt rely on the execution order of ATL : the transformations written should be independant from the rules order.

Now, if you have an order in your input model : let's say I have an entity A that contains a Set of Bs by the relations "bs".
If I transform A to A' and B to B'.
I will have as binding for the rule A to A' :
bs' <- a.bs

ATL will then resolve each B in a.bs to the corresponding B' elements transformed.

In the end you will get in a'.bs' the elements B' in the same order as they were in the input.

That is totally independant from the order of the rules in the transformation because what holds the order is the relation between the elements that is also transformed.
Previous Topic:[QVTo] Copy UML with Profiles
Next Topic:[Announce] Demonstrations at ESE's Modeling Symposium
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:53:48 GMT 2024