Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » P2 dev » P2 update sites merge
P2 update sites merge [message #493692] Tue, 27 October 2009 15:05 Go to next message
Maxence Vanbesien is currently offline Maxence VanbesienFriend
Hello all,

Does anyone know how I can merge two P2 repositories ?

Here is my situation:

I just packaged a new P2 update site, thanks to the "Export > Deployable features" tool of Eclipse (3.5).
Now I get locally a folder, containing one "features" and one "plugins" directory, and two jars named "artifact.jar" & "contents.jar"

But the problem is that I already have a repository on a server (in production mode) that can contain anything. Thus, in order to add my new features on the update site, it seems that I need to merge the two descriptors (artifacts.jar & contents.jar).

How can I do this ?
Do I have to maintain this manually, or do some tools exist to perform such action ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Best Regards,

Maxence VANBESIEN

Re: P2 update sites merge [message #521583 is a reply to message #493692] Thu, 18 March 2010 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nikolas Falco is currently offline Nikolas FalcoFriend
We have similar situation, we build a set of products increasing version, and at the end merge new into existing repository.

You can do this simply using p2.mirror task (artifacts are merged automatically).

My example code at the end of headless build.
		<p2.mirror source="${p2.build.repo}">
			<destination kind="metadata" location="${p2.repo.location}" compressed="${p2.compress}" name="${p2.metadata.repo.name}" />
			<destination kind="artifact" location="${p2.repo.location}" compressed="${p2.compress}" name="${p2.artifact.repo.name}" />
			<slicingoptions includeoptional="false" />
		</p2.mirror>

Task is explain in eclipse help.
Re: P2 update sites merge [message #895020 is a reply to message #493692] Wed, 11 July 2012 12:35 Go to previous message
kunda pica is currently offline kunda picaFriend
Yeah, i have the same problem... any solution?
Previous Topic:Headless Update of Embedded Update Site
Next Topic:Associated site is not enabled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:02:46 GMT 2024