Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Why does Display View say current exec context not assoc. with a Java project?
Why does Display View say current exec context not assoc. with a Java project? [message #482186] Tue, 25 August 2009 16:09 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
Eclipse 3.5.

I'm debugging source code that is attached to my project through an externally-linked source folder. I can set breakpoints in this code, inspect variables, and everything else that I can normally do while debugging code.

While I'm sitting at a breakpoint in a static method in that externally-linked source, I entered the name of one of the parameters to the method in the Display View, then selected it and executed "Display". It then said:

----------------------
Evaluation failed. Reason(s):
Unable to evaluate the selected expression:

To perform an evaluation, an expression must be compiled in the context of a Java project's build path. The current execution context is not associated with a Java project in the workspace.
------------------

I tried all the method parameters, and all the local variables that had been created in the method up to my breakpoint (and that are still in scope). I even tried "System". All of them gave that error.

Is there anything I can do about this?
Re: Why does Display View say current exec context not assoc. with a Java project? [message #491444 is a reply to message #482186] Wed, 14 October 2009 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Peterson is currently offline David PetersonFriend
Find the thread in your debug window that you are in the breakpoint for. Right click on it. Under relaunch should be an edit launch configuration selection. Select that.

Select Source tab. Add. Java Project. Select the java project that the code exists in.
Re: Why does Display View say current exec context not assoc. with a Java project? [message #1003750 is a reply to message #491444] Mon, 21 January 2013 23:26 Go to previous message
Chuck Herrick is currently offline Chuck HerrickFriend
Folks,
Please help if you can. I have the same problem (can't inspect or display, same error). Eclipse 3.5.2.

Here's my predicament: I'm using Maven pom.xml's and not the Eclipse build path. And I've added "Workspace" in the ...set Source path and yet Inspect and Display still prompts with the error message.

Can someone help me over this bit of a hill? Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 January 2013 23:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Questions ab0ut "myfirsttest"
Next Topic:Maven Installation problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:11:45 GMT 2024