Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Java EE Tools
Rearrangement of the toolbar in the Java EE perspective
The old toolbar section of five buttons for invoking the
Java EE project wizards is now replaced by two pulldown
- for invoking the Java EE project wizards (Web, EJB, EAR, etc.)
- for invoking the Java EE artifact wizards (Servlet, Session Bean, etc.)
EJB 3.0 Session Bean wizard
A new wizard is introduced for generating EJB 3.0 Session
Bean classes and interfaces. The following features can be
- Metadata is injected as Java annotations in the source code instead of described in the ejb-jar.xml deployment descriptor.
- Optionally, Local and Remote Business interfaces can be generated.
- Optionally, Home and Component interfaces can be generated for backward compatibility with the EJB 2.x specification.