Sharing Models Using the Web Interface
You can share models (information models, function block models or data type models) by uploading them to the Vorto Repository within the Vorto Repository Web interface.
You are logged in to the Vorto Repository (refer to Login).
Proceed as follows
- In the menu bar, click Share.
The Upload page opens.
- Click the Choose File button.
The operating system’s file browser opens.
- Browse to the model file (or zip file containing multiple models) you want to share and click the Open button.
The file name is taken over to the Upload entry field.
- Click the Upload button to upload the selected file.
The file(s) are checked. The content must correlate with the Vorto DSL guidelines. In addition, the dependencies of the files, if applicable, must be correct.
- If the file(s) is (are) invalid, the Upload Results are displayed with an error message; the following image shows an invalid bulk upload.
Check and revise your model file(s) and restart the sharing procedure.
If the file(s) is (are) valid, the Upload Results are displayed with an upload confirmation message.
- Click the Checkin button.
The model(s) is (are) checked in to the Vorto Repository and the Upload Results are displayed with a check in confirmation message.