SUMO User Conference 2021
September 13-15 | Online
Save the Date: September 13-15, 2021
Traffic simulations are of immense importance for researchers as well as practitioners in the field of transportation. SUMO has been available since 2001 and provides a wide range of traffic planning and simulation applications. SUMO consists of a suite of tools covering road network imports and enrichment, demand generation and assignment, and a state-of-the-art microscopic traffic simulator capable of simulating private and public transport modes, as well as person-based trip chains. Being open source, SUMO is easily extensible by new behavioral models and can be dynamically controlled via a well-defined programming interface. These and other features make SUMO one of the most often used open source traffic simulators with a large and international user community.
Call for Papers
The conference focuses on presenting new and unique results in the field of mobility simulation and modeling using openly available tools and data. We expect a large variety of research topics and usage approaches. If you are working on a research project fitting the topics below, you are kindly invited to submit an abstract. Possible areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Mobility and Demand Modelling
- Traffic Simulation
- Open Tools and Open Data
- Modelling Urban Mobility
- Traffic Applications
- Traffic Management Solutions
- Intermodal Transport
- Autonomous Driving
- Logistics Simulation
- Vehicular Communication
- Reinforcement learning / Machine Learning
Attention: We changed our paper submission process. We are now offering two submission types:
1) Scientific Papers:
- All accepted scientific papers must be presented at the conference.
- Scientific papers will be reviewed by at least 2 reviewers.
- All accepted scientific papers will be published in the SUMO proceedings.
- Scientific papers must be submitted in LaTeX or Word format before midnight, Monday, May 3rd, 2021.
- Scientific papers should be between 5 and 20 pages long.
2) Technical Presentations:
- The SUMO conference gives the opportunity to present your topic during the poster session or an oral short presentation.
- There is no need to write a scientific paper.
- Possible technical presentations can be:
- Results of Bachelor or Master theses
- Live Demos
- SUMO Use Cases
- Project Presentations
- Work in Progress which would benefit from the feedback of other SUMO users
- Title and a short abstract (300 words) must be submitted until Monday, May 3rd, 2021.
- Paper and Abstract Submission Deadline: Monday, May 3rd, 2021.
- Notification of Acceptance: End of June, 2021.
- Camera Ready version due: Monday, July 19th, 2021.
The conference language is English.
Given the extraordinary situation we are facing, this year’s SUMO User Conference will be online.
Please contact the conference team via mail at email@example.com