Cyber-physical systems (CPS) are all around us, but due to today’s technical limitations and the possibility of human error, we cannot yet tap into their full potential. A more integrated and connected architecture for such systems, via edge and cloud technologies, could overcome these limitations.
The overarching goal of TRANSACT is therefore to develop a universal, distributed solution architecture for the transformation of safety-critical cyber-physical systems, from localised stand-alone systems into safe and secure distributed solutions.
To that end, TRANSACT will research distributed reference architectures for safety-critical CPS that rely on edge and cloud computing. These architectures will enable seamless mixing of on-device, edge and cloud services while assuring flexible yet safe and secure deployment of new applications, and independent releasing of edge and cloud-based components versus the on device parts. The distributed solutions will simplify CPS devices, reducing their software footprint, and consequently their Bill-of-Material (BoM) and Life Cycle Management (LCM) costs. A key element in the transformation of safety-critical CPS into distributed safety-critical CPS solutions (on-device, edge or cloud based) is that performance, safety, security, and privacy of data are guaranteed: the safeguarding of these properties gets due attention in the project.
Finally, by integrating AI based services into distributed CPS, TRANSACT will enable fast development of innovative value-based propositions and business models leading to faster market introduction in the various multi-billion euro markets targeted by the TRANSACT project.
- PHILIPS MEDICAL SYSTEMS NEDERLAND BV
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITEIT EINDHOVEN
- PS-TECH B.V.
- VINOTION BV
- NEDERLANDSE ORGANISATIE VOOR TOEGEPAST NATUURWETENSCHAPPELIJK ONDERZOEK TNO
- FLEETONOMY.AI OY
- TEKNOLOGIAN TUTKIMUSKESKUS VTT OY
- F-SECURE OYJ
- NODEON FINLAND OY
- AVL SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS GMBH
- ECLIPSE FOUNDATION EUROPE GMBH
- OFFIS EV
- PHILIPS GMBH
- DENSO AUTOMOTIVE DEUTSCHLAND GMBH
- FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR OERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V.
- POLITECHNIKA GDANSKA
- DAC Spolka Akcyjna
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET GRAZ
- CISC SEMICONDUCTOR GMBH
- NAVTOR AS
- SIMULA RESEARCH LABORATORY AS
- INSTITUTO TECNOLOGICO DE INFORMATICA
- NUNSYS SL
- KUMORI SYSTEMS
- SINGLAR INNOVACION SL
- FUNDACIO PER A LA UNIVERSITAT OBERTA DE CATALUNYA
- DEPURACION DE AGUAS DE MEDITERRANEO SL
- FEOPS NV
- DANMARKS TEKNISKE UNIVERSITET
- TOITWARE APS