RobMoSys envisions an integrated approach built on top of the current code-centric robotic platforms, by applying model-driven methods and tools.
RobMoSys will enable the management of the interfaces between different robotics-related domains in an efficient and systematic way according to each system’s needs.
- RobMoSys aims to establish Quality-of-Service properties, enabling a composition-oriented approach while preserving modularity.
- RobMoSys will drive the non-competitive part of building a professional quality ecosystem by encouraging the community involvement.
- RobMoSys will elaborate many of the common robot functionalities based on broad involvement of the community via two Open Calls.
The RobMoSys Academy provides a comprehensive set of online training material and tutorials to get familar with the RobMoSys methodology and tools!
RobMoSys runs from January 2017 - December 2020 and is coordinated by CEA.
Papyrus4Robotics is a graphical editing tool for robotic applications that complies with the RobMoSys approach. It manages complexity of robotics development by supporting composition-oriented engineering of robotics systems and separating the task into multiple tiers executed by different roles. It is based on Eclipse Papyrus, an industrial-grade open source Model-Based Engineering tool. Eclipse Papyrus has notably been used successfuly in industrial projects and is the base platform for several industrial modeling tools.
Eclipse SmartMDSD is an Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for robotics software development. The SmartMDSD Toolchain provides support and guidance to apply best-practices for the development of individual software building blocks, as well as their composition to robotics applications and systems. This project will maintain the eclipse-based tooling with its internal implementation (e.g. meta-models, code-generators).
- Le Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives (CEA)
- Fachhochschule Ulm
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Technische Universität München
- Siemens AG
- PAL Robotics SL
- Comau Spa
- Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH
- EUnited AISBL