2021 Election Key Dates
Each year, the Eclipse Foundation holds elections for board members representing two very important groups within the Eclipse membership: the Committers and the Contributing Members. The terms of office for these elected board members is one year, commencing April 1.
- January 5, 2021: Nominations open. Nominations are to be sent as an email to email@example.com, with the subject "Contributing Member Nomination" or "Committer Nomination." As soon as possible after an individual is nominated, the Foundation will contact the nominee to confirm their willingness to participate in the election and to serve if elected.
- January 29, 2021: Nominations close. The list of nominees and their HTML pages will be available on the eclipse.org website as soon as possible thereafter. Each nominee will be provided with an HTML template that outlines their background and vision for Eclipse as they are nominated. If the nominee does not have an HTML editor handy, plain text submissions for formatting by the EMO staff will be accepted via email.
- January 29, 2021: List of nominees made available on www.eclipse.org.
- February 3, 2021: Deadline for nominees to return content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February 5, 2021: Individual candidate pages ready for candidate review.
- February 10, 2021: Candidate personal pages made available on www.eclipse.org. Discussion of the issues on the eclipse.foundation forum will be encouraged.
- February 11, 2021: Voting begins.
- March 4, 2021: Voting ends at 3pm Eastern time.
- March 9, 2021: New representatives announced.