Nebula XViewer Widget
Advanced TreeViewer Widget
The purpose of the XViewer is to give the application developer a more advanced and dynamic TreeViewer that has the filtering and sorting the capabilities of a spreadsheet while providing the users the ability to customize their table to suit their current needs and save/restore these customizations for future use by individual or group.
- Provides table customization dialog to allow customization of visible columns, widths and renaming of columns
- Easily reorder columns through drag/drop or table customization
- Provides mechanism to save and load table customizations so users can easily switch between customizations
- Provides mechanism to mark table customizations as individual or global to provide sharing of customizations by users and teams (needs to be backed with shared file system or database)
- Provides mechanism to mark table customization as default customization to display whenever this table is shown
- Provides ability for multiple XViewer tables to be used within the same application, but provide their own columns and customiztions
- Sort individual columns (forward or reverse) using data-specific configured sorter for that columns data type
- Perform unlimited multi-column sorting by holding Ctrl key down and selecting other columns. Re-selecting a column while Ctrl is held down will reverse the sort for that column
- Quick filter (bottom left) provides for filtering of all visible data by entered keywords
- Alt-left click on column header (or right-click menu) allows for filtering by column. As many column filters can be added and work together.
- Provides simple metrics (bottom status label) to show number of objects loaded, number shown and number selected.
- Status label shows filters and sorters that are currently applied to viewer (bottom status label)
- Provides ability to copy rows, columns or individual cells into buffer for pasting into other applications
- Allows for multi-column editing of selected rows/columns
- Provides html rendering of currently visible table data
- Provides comma separated value export to csv file that can be opened in any spreadsheet application
- All the normal capabilities of the existing SWT Tree/TreeViewer have been retained as XViewer is an extension to TreeViewer
- Submitted to Nebula as alternative to existing SWT TreeViewer (already part of eclipse.org/osee project)
- Allow for advanced column filtering by complex expression and "canned list" of already entered items
- Add regular expressions to all filtering capabilities
- Provide easy ability to sum selected rows for selected column
- Provide simple summing/counting of rows/column data
- Provide formulas and functions for advanced summing/counting of data
- Provide graphing and charting of data
- Collaborate with other table/tree solutions to integrate functionality...
Sorting and Filtering
HTML Report and CSV Export