Re: [eclipse.org-members-committers] Board Position: Elected Committer Member Representative

All,

Happy New Year!

This is just a friendly reminder that nominations for this short-term position on the Board will be closing tomorrow. Note that I had an error in my original note, as nominations close at midnight Eastern Time on Friday, January 8, 2021.

If you are interested in participating, please send nominations to elections@xxxxxxxxxxx. Self-nominations are welcomed. To avoid confusion with the elections, please note "[2020 Term]" in the subject of your email.

Thanks.

On 2020-12-16 2:11 p.m., Mike Milinkovich wrote:

All,

Earlier this week I emailed you all about the upcoming elections for the Contributing and Committer representatives for 2021.

I am writing today to inform you about a separate, albeit short-term position on the Board which is available. As you may be aware, Dani Megert passed away a short time ago. (I have pasted below some content from our November board meeting minutes acknowledging Dani's many contributions to the Eclipse community.) Dani was elected to the Board and his term expires on March 31, 2021. In its meeting earlier today the Board decided to fill this seat for the remainder of the term. The elected Committer Member representatives bring a critical perspective to our Board's discussions and it was felt that even for a relatively short period of time there is value in having such a representative. Please consider joining Chris Aniszczyk and Ed Merks as Committer representatives on our Board.

Under our Bylaws when an elected Board seat becomes vacant the Board will select a replacement for the remainder of the term. This email is to solicit nominations (including self-nominations) for this seat. The Board will decide amongst the candidates in its January 20, 2021 meeting and the selected candidate will serve until March 31, 2021. Of course, we do hope that all candidates will consider running for the election and serving the following annual term.

Nominations must be received by midnight Eastern Time on Friday, January 9, 2021. Please send nominations to elections@xxxxxxxxxxx. To avoid confusion with the elections, please note "[2020 Term]" in the subject of your email.

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

From the minutes of the Board's November meeting.

Acknowledgement of the Passing of Dani Megert

The Board recognized a moment of silence in honor of their Board colleague, Daniel (Dani) Megert.

Mike Milinkovich then spoke to Dani’s contributions to Eclipse over his 20 years of engagement, including to the Eclipse project, to the PMC, to the architecture council, and over the past number of years, to the Board of Directors as an elected Committer representative.

The Board unanimously approved the following:

RESOLVED, the Board acknowledges the tremendous contributions made by their colleague, Daniel Megert, over his 20 years of engagement with the Eclipse project and the Eclipse Foundation, and for his long standing leadership and mentorship in all aspects within the Eclipse community. The Board wishes to extend its sincere and heartfelt condolences to Dani’s family, friends, and colleagues.

--

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@mmilinkov

+1.613.220.3223 (m)

--