Re: [eclipse.org-members-committers] Announcing theEclipse Foundation's Move to Europe

On 2020-05-12 2:28 p.m., Werner Keil wrote:
Does move to Europe mean Eclipse Foundation is completely relocating from Canada or the US or is it a new branch for EMEA and the rest of the world?

No, there are no plans for staff relocations. Currently about 1/3 of our staff is based in Europe and 2/3's in Canada. We only have one employee in Canada. We do expect that as we grow headcount that growth will be concentrated in Europe.

No, it is not a new branch. We will be moving control of all of our assets, policies (IP, antitrust), and processes (development, specification) to Eclipse Foundation AISBL. Our centre of governance will be based in Europe, under European law. However, this transition is a large and complex process that will take over a year to complete.

All of this is covered in the FAQ[1].

HTH!

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/europe/faq.php

--

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@mmilinkov

+1.613.220.3223 (m)

Back to the top