[eclipse.org-members-committers] An update about Jenkins/JIPP infrastructure migration

Hi,

Last summer, we announced that we were setting up a new infrastructure for CI instances. This infrastructure is still based on Jenkins but going forward will run on a cluster powered by RedHat OpenShift Container Platform (Kubernetes). We’re happy to announce that we are now ready to start the migration of existing Jenkins instances.

The first instance to be migrated will be the CBI one and it will happen in the next couple of days. We will also start reaching out to projects to announce, when the migration will happen. Don’t call us, we will call you, very soon. :) We don’t expect much disruption, and most projects will only need to change minor things in their build settings. You can track the global effort with the top level ticket #544221 on Bugzilla.

We have setup a Migration FAQ on the Eclipse wiki. We will shortly publish a blog posts serie that will provide more insights into what projects can expect from the new infrastructure, how we ended with today's technological stack, and into the technical details of the implementation.

Feel free to let us know if you have any concerns or questions in the meantime.

Cheers,

Mikaël Barbero
Team Lead - Release Engineering | Eclipse Foundation
📱 (+33) 642 028 039 | 🐦 @mikbarbero