Re: [eclipse.org-members-committers] Upcoming Vote of the Membership

On 03/08/2015 12:03 PM, Martin Lippert wrote:
What are the implications for existing members of the foundation if such a government agency joins the foundation via amending the governing law in such a case?

None that I am aware of.

Maybe something like a worst-case example scenario in which the New York state as the governing law would play a role (and what would happen then for those government agencies) would help me to understand this better.

Sorry, but I have no examples that I could competently explain. Our membership agreement is a very simple document. In most cases we expect that this would be a no-op. In any event, these types of concerns only really become pertinent in the event of litigation, which seems very unlikely.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top