Henshin - Installation
Install from update site
Henshin is a plug-in for recent versions of the Eclipse Modeling Tools (last tested version: 2021-03). To obtain the most recent Eclipse version, go to the download page and download the Eclipse Modeling Tools.
To install Henshin, open Eclipse, go to Help -> Install New Software... and insert one of the following update site URLs:
- Current release: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/henshin/updates/release (1.8.0)
- Nightly builds: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/henshin/updates/nightly
- Permanent URLs of current and previous releases:
JDK Compatibility From release 1.8.0, Henshin is compatible with JDK versions from 11.0 and higher. The release variant 1.8.0-legacyjdk and previous releases are compatible with JDK 8.0 to JDK 14.0.
Features At a minimum, install the Henshin SDK feature. Version 1.6.0 and 1.8.0 introduced the additional features Henshin Variability SDK and OCL2AG. For all features, a source version is provided.
Instructions for installing legacy versions
If you want to install a legacy version of Henshin (<= 1.4.0) in a newer Eclipse version (>= Eclipse Oxygen), please use the following instructions (thanks to Joel Greenyer for providing these instructions):
- Install GMF Tooling v3.2.1 via Update site (right click -> copy...)
- Install M2Eclipse via Update site (right click -> copy...)
- Install the required Henshin version.
You can also get the latest version of the source code directly from our Git repository (weblink):
Release and nighly builds are compiled using Hudson jobs: