Ganymede Around the World Contest
We want to hear how youre using the Eclipse projects in the Ganymede release. Write a blog post, create a screencast/video, or record a podcast telling the world whats great or what you dislike about Ganymede. For your efforts, well send you an Eclipse shirt.
Once you have posted your review, add it to the Ganymede Around the World map. Eclipse is a global community, so we encourage you to create a review in your native language.
If you want to show your support but dont have the time to prepare a review, you can still add yourself to the Ganymede Around the World map. Just enter your name, address and a short message or image about how you use Eclipse. Everyone who adds their name will be entered into a random draw for 5 Eclipse jackets.
To enter the contest, a review must be of sufficient technical content. Long essays arent necessary, but as a guideline, include 3 to 5 points of what you like or dont like about the Ganymede projects. The top 3 reviews will win an Eclipse jacket and the best entry will win their choice of a pass to EclipseCon 2009 or Eclipse Summit Europe 2008!
The deadline for submissions to the contest is July 31, 2008. The top 3 and best reviews will be selected by a panel of judges.
- You can submit multiple reviews but only one shirt per person will be sent.
- Shirt quantities are limited so shirts will be distributed to reviewers on a first come, first served basis.
- The EclipseCon or Eclipse Summit Europe pass only covers the conference registration. It does not include any travel expenses. The pass is non-transferable, non-refundable and has no cash value. If you cant go to either conference or you receive a free pass some other way (such as a speaker pass), you wont be able to take advantage of the prize.
- Informed, insightful, educated reviews positive and negative are always welcome. However, FUD-spewers, propagandists and mean-spirited curmudgeons need not apply.
- A review needs to be submitted to the Ganymede Around the World map with an email address to participate in the contest.