Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » [SOLVED] Unable to clear workspace when using an external JAR lib
[SOLVED] Unable to clear workspace when using an external JAR lib [message #1506115] Wed, 10 December 2014 15:44 Go to next message
Dominik Janura is currently offline Dominik JanuraFriend
Hello,

I have an RCPTT project with a test suite that includes test cases, which import external JAR libraries through workspace context. These libraries are then used during the test case. Each test case workspace context also has checked "Clear workspace".

The problem is, workspace clearing fails to remove these external JAR libs with an error:
Failed to execute context: clear_workspace Cause: Failed to apply context "clear_workspace" caused by:
Possible resource leak in AUT. Files below are locked and cannot be deleted:
C:\Users\janurad\aut-cloveretl-designer-4.0.1\conn-db\lib\db2jcc4.jar

Is there any way to resolve this?

[Updated on: Wed, 30 September 2015 07:36] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to clear workspace when using an external JAR lib [message #1506950 is a reply to message #1506115] Thu, 11 December 2014 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

As mentioned jar-file is locked and it can't be deleted, I may say, that there is a process that holds listed file open. Most probably it is an application that uses these jar files e.g. debug session or something similar.You can use Launch Context with checked "terminate existing launches" to clear them up to. You can find more details about Launch Context here.

If it doesn't help, ensure that every external process launched at the previous test is terminated and every workspace-located file opened in AUT without using of resources infrastructure is closed. You can use ECL context and exec-process command to "taskkill" leftover processes. Make sure that you apply this context before clearing workspace context.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: Unable to clear workspace when using an external JAR lib [message #1507095 is a reply to message #1506950] Thu, 11 December 2014 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominik Janura is currently offline Dominik JanuraFriend
Hi,

thank you for your help. Using a default context to terminate launches resolved this problem in most of my cases. I still have 1 problematic case though, where even after "terminate existing launches", the jar files are still in use by javaw.exe - The AUT itself. I just moved this case to the end of test suite for now.
Re: Unable to clear workspace when using an external JAR lib [message #1740434 is a reply to message #1507095] Fri, 12 August 2016 18:56 Go to previous message
Agustin Celentano is currently offline Agustin CelentanoFriend
Hi Ulyana,

Do you have examples of how to use taskkill to set it to close all the process associated with the previous test? .

Previous Topic:How to store value in variable
Next Topic:How to configure pom.xml file to run test suit from Jenkins, without building the application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:45:08 GMT 2024