Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] How to start CDO Server as OSGi bundles (no eclipse product)(How do you make CDO Server start when not running it as an eclipse application)
[CDO] How to start CDO Server as OSGi bundles (no eclipse product) [message #1620550] Tue, 17 February 2015 09:10 Go to next message
Anders  Jönsson is currently offline Anders JönssonFriend
Hi,
I wan't to run CDO Server in an OSGi container* without the use of an eclipse application. My problem is that CDO Server doesn't start properly when trying this.

I can deploy all the bundles from the org.eclipse.emf.cdo.examples.master** example in the Equinox OSGi container. I set all the environment variables just like in the example. I then start Equinox. All dependencies are satisfied. All bundles starts and go to the ACTIVE state without any errors. The problem is that CDO Server doesn't start properly.

It seems that CDO Server uses an Equinox framework to invoke doStart() in CDOServerApplication (an implementation of org.eclipse.equinox.app.IApplication).
- So this question might really be about how to make the Equinox framework bundles start starting other things.

///Anders

* At the moment it seems that the CDO Server is tied to the Equinox OSGi container due to a dependency to org.eclipse.core.runtime which, in turn, is tied to Equinox.

** The example creates an Eclipse Application that runs without a problem.
Re: [CDO] How to start CDO Server as OSGi bundles (no eclipse product) [message #1620581 is a reply to message #1620550] Tue, 17 February 2015 09:34 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Anders,

I thought that most of the Equinox bundles would also run in other OSGi containers, but I haven't tried myself. I don't
think that I can provide much help on this topic, although I'm interested to hear about your results...

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Am 17.02.2015 um 10:10 schrieb Anders Jönsson:
> Hi,
> I wan't to run CDO Server in an OSGi container* without the use of an eclipse application. My problem is that CDO
> Server doesn't start properly when trying this.
>
> I can deploy all the bundles from the org.eclipse.emf.cdo.examples.master** example in the Equinox OSGi container. I
> set all the environment variables just like in the example. I then start Equinox. All dependencies are satisfied. All
> bundles starts and go to the ACTIVE state without any errors. The problem is that CDO Server doesn't start properly.
>
> It seems that CDO Server uses an Equinox framework to invoke doStart() in CDOServerApplication (an implementation of
> org.eclipse.equinox.app.IApplication).
> - So this question might really be about how to make the Equinox framework bundles start starting other things.
>
> ///Anders
>
> * At the moment it seems that the CDO Server is tied to the Equinox OSGi container due to a dependency to
> org.eclipse.core.runtime which, in turn, is tied to Equinox.
>
> ** The example creates an Eclipse Application that runs without a problem.

Previous Topic:How to convert a URI to another URI format
Next Topic:[EMF Validation] Is parralel Batch Validation supported?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:42:07 GMT 2024