Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Validation error: PapyrusViewStyle
Validation error: PapyrusViewStyle [message #1618420] Sun, 15 February 2015 23:59 Go to next message
Dionny Santiago is currently offline Dionny SantiagoFriend
Version: Papyrus UML 1.0.1.v201409170932
Eclipse Perspective: Papyrus

I've got a fresh Papyrus project based on the UML profile. Within, I have a single class diagram that is empty.

When validating the diagram via the Model Explorer, I receive the following EMF validation error:
The required feature 'style::PapyrusViewStyle::configuration' of 'Diagram::PapyrusViewStyle' must be set

Note: This does not occur via the the actual model diagram, right click > Validation > Validate model.

Here is what the relevant portion of my *.notation file looks like:
<styles xmi:type="style:PapyrusViewStyle" xmi:id="_An_3w68hEeSB-YH5M4lDYQ">
      <owner xmi:type="uml:Model" href="SimpleProject.uml#_PFTnQLAQEeSRNNZIuVQCyA"/>
    </styles>

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Validation error: PapyrusViewStyle [message #1619368 is a reply to message #1618420] Mon, 16 February 2015 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

This is a Papyrus bug. The PapyrusViewStyle#configuration property should never be empty, and that's not something the user should see.

What kind of Diagram are you using? Is it a standard Class Diagram, or an Inner Class Diagram? For a standard Class Diagram (Class Diagram applied on a Package/Model), I think the PapyrusViewStyle shouldn't even have been created

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Validation error: PapyrusViewStyle [message #1622634 is a reply to message #1619368] Wed, 18 February 2015 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dionny Santiago is currently offline Dionny SantiagoFriend
Thank you for your reply.

I am using a Standard Class Diagram as a child of the base "model" that is created when a new Papyrus Project is created.

My steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new Papyrus Project
  2. Set the Eclipse perspective to "Papyrus"
  3. On the Model Explorer, right click on the default "model" that was created by Papyrus
  4. Select "New Diagram -> New Class Diagram"
  5. When the new diagram is added, right click on the diagram under the "Model Explorer", and select "Validation -> Validate model"
Re: Validation error: PapyrusViewStyle [message #1622656 is a reply to message #1622634] Wed, 18 February 2015 16:54 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

The Model is indeed invalid and incorrectly populated. This constraint should be disabled, because the configuration is really an optional parameter.

It is also undesirable that the Validation triggered from the Model or Diagram gives different result from the one triggered from a right click on the Diagram element (Which is probably why we didn't notice this bug earlier: the invalid constraint is not validated in most of the cases)

Thanks,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Cannot show elements in Stereotype compartment Luna 1.0.1a
Next Topic:Code generation building a plugin (help and advise)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:51:59 GMT 2024