Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Strange WindowBuilder Error! (Internal Error)
Strange WindowBuilder Error! (Internal Error) [message #1614935] Fri, 13 February 2015 15:46 Go to next message
Samuel Holmes is currently offline Samuel HolmesFriend
Can anyone help me shed some light on why I am seeing this error? I have used Eclipse WindowBuilder to create a GUI for a Java project. If I start eclipse, and load my project, WindowBuilder works fine and I can see the GUI being displayed, I can add/remove components, and so on. However if I switch to my source code and back to the Designer, I get the error shown in the attached screenshot.

I have attached the Stack Trace for you to look at.

If I click the "Go to Problem" button, it takes me to the source code with the line below highlighted:

private void initialize() 
	{
		frmEcg = new JFrame(); <------------- This line is causing the error
		frmEcg.setTitle("ECG");
		frmEcg.setBounds(100, 100, 1239, 904);
		frmEcg.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);]

I have to restart eclipse to go back to my GUI. It is frustrating! Any ideas?
  • Attachment: error.JPG
    (Size: 38.75KB, Downloaded 337 times)
  • Attachment: Stack trace.docx
    (Size: 21.94KB, Downloaded 461 times)
Re: Strange WindowBuilder Error! (Internal Error) [message #1616831 is a reply to message #1614935] Sat, 14 February 2015 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Looks like a know bug in JDK 1.8...

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.beans.MethodRef.get(Unknown Source)
at java.beans.PropertyDescriptor.getWriteMethod(Unknown Source)

There is a workaround in the latest WB build.
Re: Strange WindowBuilder Error! (Internal Error) [message #1619160 is a reply to message #1614935] Mon, 16 February 2015 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Jochens is currently offline Thomas JochensFriend
Unfortunately, I got the same error since friday and I don't know why. I see no error in the code. The module doesn't complain my code, but the WindowsBuilder Code.

Internal Error

WindowBuilder encountered unexpected internal error.

This could be caused by a WindowBuilder bug or by a misconfiguration issue, conflict, partial update, etc.

Stack trace:
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ContainerInfo.refresh_fetch(ContainerInfo.java:247)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo.refresh_fetch(ObjectInfo.java:645)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo.access$1(ComponentInfo.java:1)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo$3.run(ComponentInfo.java:142)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo.refresh_fetch(ComponentInfo.java:181)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo.refresh_fetch(ComponentInfo.java:140)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ContainerInfo.refresh_fetch(ContainerInfo.java:251)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo.access$1(ComponentInfo.java:1)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo$3.run(ComponentInfo.java:142)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo.refresh_fetch(ComponentInfo.java:181)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ComponentInfo.refresh_fetch(ComponentInfo.java:140)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ContainerInfo.refresh_fetch(ContainerInfo.java:251)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo$6$1.run(ObjectInfo.java:496)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runDesignTime(ExecutionUtils.java:145)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo$6.run(ObjectInfo.java:494)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.utils.SwingUtils$2.run(SwingUtils.java:76)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:744)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:697)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:691)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:714)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Full context stack trace:
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ContainerInfo.refresh_fetch(ContainerInfo.java:247)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo$6$1.run(ObjectInfo.java:496)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runDesignTime(ExecutionUtils.java:145)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo$6.run(ObjectInfo.java:494)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.utils.SwingUtils$2.run(SwingUtils.java:76)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:744)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:697)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:691)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:714)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Re: Strange WindowBuilder Error! (Internal Error) [message #1619407 is a reply to message #1619160] Mon, 16 February 2015 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One added information. I have already installed the update in eclipse over the function "Help -> Check for updates".
Re: Strange WindowBuilder Error! (Internal Error) [message #1620939 is a reply to message #1619407] Tue, 17 February 2015 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure what you mean when you say you got the "same error".

It looks completely unrelated to the original exception posted to start this thread.

If you have a new issue, you should create a new bug report and submit it to Bugzilla with a self-contained test case that will reproduce the problem.
Re: Strange WindowBuilder Error! (Internal Error) [message #1622233 is a reply to message #1620939] Wed, 18 February 2015 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought, it is the same or a similar error.

If you think, I should open a new topic, then I will do this.
Re: Strange WindowBuilder Error! (Internal Error) [message #1624747 is a reply to message #1622233] Fri, 20 February 2015 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The two stack traces have nothing in common, so they are unrelated. The original error referenced in this thread is caused by a know bug in JDK 1.8.
Re: Strange WindowBuilder Error! (Internal Error) [message #1625362 is a reply to message #1624747] Fri, 20 February 2015 10:23 Go to previous message
I will open a new thread with a generated report.
Previous Topic:Horizontal/Vertical ruler
Next Topic:layout exceeds jframe in debian jessie
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:56:55 GMT 2024