Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » New Alf Functionality Release Date(Release date new alf functionality)
New Alf Functionality Release Date [message #1614559] Fri, 13 February 2015 10:25 Go to next message
Martin Jonsson is currently offline Martin JonssonFriend
Hello.

I can see that Ed Seidewitz is working on a new version of the fuml <-> alf functionality in papyrus.

Could it be possible to get an expected release date? I saw somewhere March this year, is that correct?

Also, can the existing changes be tested somehow? I'm particularly interested in fuml -> alf conversion.

Many thanks
Martin Jonsson
Re: New Alf Functionality Release Date [message #1614780 is a reply to message #1614559] Fri, 13 February 2015 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Martin,

There is a developer feature build available here (Eclipse Update SIte):

https://hudson.eclipse.org/papyrus/job/Papyrus-Feature-Alf/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/main/target/repository/

Note that this update site is not really compatible with the standard Papyrus update site, so you should only use it on a separate Eclipse installation.

This is a developer nightly build; and it's a separate feature branch, so there is really no guarantee that it will work. But it may give you an idea of what's coming (Hopefully for Papyrus 1.1/Mars in June)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: New Alf Functionality Release Date [message #1614952 is a reply to message #1614780] Fri, 13 February 2015 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Tatibouet is currently offline Jeremie TatibouetFriend
Hi Martin,

Some additional comments:

- Please note that the integration of ALF in Papyrus is till under development.

- The transformation that your are interested in can be found in the plugin oep.alf.to.fuml under the folder "transformation".

- With this version you should normally be able to edit and compile textual representations for the following elements: Signal, DataType, Enumeration, Class, Association and Package.

Regards
Jérémie
Re: New Alf Functionality Release Date [message #1707795 is a reply to message #1614952] Wed, 09 September 2015 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander R is currently offline Alexander RFriend
Hi all,

I would like to know if the Alf-Editor is now available in the newest Papyrus version?
If so, how may I find it? I tried the wiki: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/UserGuide/fUML_ALF but wasn't able to use this feature.

~Alex
Re: New Alf Functionality Release Date [message #1707869 is a reply to message #1707795] Thu, 10 September 2015 06:19 Go to previous message
Alexander R is currently offline Alexander RFriend
Hi,

I found a way to use the integrated ALF-Editor in Papyrus. Here the steps:

1. Dowload a nighty build of Papyrus for Eclipse Mars:
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/nightly/mars

2. Install The ALF-Editor from the Papyrus-"marketplace" :
"Help" ->"Install Papyrus Additional Components" inside of Eclipse

3. Enable the ALF-Editor from the preference page: Papyrus->Embedded Editors->ALF

4. Describe the Classifier/Activities via ALF ( in the properties view)

Hope this helps!

~Alex

[Updated on: Fri, 11 September 2015 09:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Code generation from activity diagrams
Next Topic:OSGI Framework Bundle Exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:14:16 GMT 2024