Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Component Diagrams with ball & socket in UI
Component Diagrams with ball & socket in UI [message #1614446] Fri, 13 February 2015 08:50 Go to next message
Manoj N is currently offline Manoj NFriend
All,

I'm getting started with Papyrus Component diagrams. Would like to know if any one has achieved ball&socket view in component diagrams. I remmeber pervious version of papyrus has that but I could not get it the latest stable version.

Thanks
Manoj
Re: Component Diagrams with ball & socket in UI [message #1614975 is a reply to message #1614446] Fri, 13 February 2015 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Manoj,

The former implementation of Ball & Socket in Papyrus wasn't conform to the UML specification and was mostly confusing. We disabled them when working on the Component Diagram in Luna, and didn't re-enable them since then.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Component Diagrams with ball & socket in UI [message #1615863 is a reply to message #1614975] Sat, 14 February 2015 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manoj N is currently offline Manoj NFriend
Hi Camille,
Thanks very much for quick reply. Is there any way to enable (at my own risk) as my client is mandatating this ui.

Thanks
Manoj
Re: Component Diagrams with ball & socket in UI [message #1619057 is a reply to message #1615863] Mon, 16 February 2015 09:59 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Manoj,

Quote:
Thanks very much for quick reply. Is there any way to enable (at my own risk) as my client is mandatating this ui.

I don't think so; unless you use an older version of Papyrus in which it was "supported" (Papyrus 0.10.x/Kepler). But then you'd lose support for many other things available in 1.0.x/Luna (Including performances & stability)

In Papyrus/Mars, you can "cheat" a little bit by changing the appearance of a Node (Using an SVG image to replace the default figure). But that is also a limited workaround (Especially for the Socket notation, which would need to be rotated to be visualized properly; and you can't do that yet). Moreover, Papyrus/Mars isn't released yet, so I wouldn't recommend this option either

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Component Diagrams:required interfaces in port is always disabled
Next Topic:Requirement ID validation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:39:12 GMT 2024