Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Unrecognized variables in .odesign
Unrecognized variables in .odesign [message #1613752] Thu, 12 February 2015 21:51 Go to next message
Vinicius Sobral is currently offline Vinicius SobralFriend
Hi all,

I've been trying to create an editor for my metamodel with sirius but I seem to end up with different errors each time. For instance, I now have a .odesign that seemed to work a while back but it does not anymore. The error happens when I try to validade it, showing many "unrecognized variable" errors.

What happens is that I set an operation to create an instance of a class from my metamodel in my .odesign file and name this newly created instance. However when I try to reference the instance variable the tool doesn't seem to find it, giving me the unrecognized variable error.

I am attaching an image that shows part of my specification as example. In (1) I create the instance and name it "datatype", and when I try to reference it in the highlighted line it isn't recognized. Could it be that I used the "change context" operation and it got lost? If it is so, how can I reference that instance? Besides, the same thing happens when I use the "for" operator, setting the "iterator name" property and, without changing the context, I try to reference the variable and it gives me the same error.

Any hints?
  • Attachment: error.png
    (Size: 21.03KB, Downloaded 100 times)
Re: Unrecognized variables in .odesign [message #1619509 is a reply to message #1613752] Mon, 16 February 2015 16:30 Go to previous message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi,

Le 13/02/2015 16:15, Vinicius Sobral a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to create an editor for my metamodel with sirius but I seem to end up with different errors each time. For instance, I now have a .odesign that seemed to work a while back but it does not anymore. The error happens when I try to validade it, showing many "unrecognized variable" errors.
>
> What happens is that I set an operation to create an instance of a class from my metamodel in my .odesign file and name this newly created instance. However when I try to reference the instance variable the tool doesn't seem to find it, giving me the unrecognized variable error.
>
> I am attaching an image that shows part of my specification as example. In (1) I create the instance and name it "datatype", and when I try to reference it in the highlighted line it isn't recognized. Could it be that I used the "change context" operation and it got lost? If it is so, how can I reference that instance? Besides, the same thing happens when I use the "for" operator, setting the "iterator name" property and, without changing the context, I try to reference the variable and it gives me the same error.
>
> Any hints?
>

The validation still returns false errors: did you test your VSM ?

From your screenshot, I do not see why datatype should not be available
in your set operation but I think your value expression might simply be
var:datatype or [datatype\], you are tring to create a Set (collection
with no duplicates) but you add the same element twice.

Regards,

--
Maxime - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Container Drop, Move Operation
Next Topic:Relation-based Edge Sources
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:41:32 GMT 2024