Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Unable to run a Sirius-based product from Eclipse Luna
Unable to run a Sirius-based product from Eclipse Luna [message #1610256] Tue, 10 February 2015 17:22 Go to next message
Frédéric Botron is currently offline Frédéric BotronFriend
Hello,

I am studying the possibility to embed Sirius editors in a packaged RCP-based application, but I have not been very successful so far. I have been trying to study existing applications packaged as Eclipse products (Arduino Designer, Dart Designer and UML-Designer), but when I launch the product after having retrieved the latest source from GitHub, the application never starts due to dependency problems, such as:

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.common.collect
Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: com.google.guava
Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.ocl
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.common.base; version="11.0.2,16.0.0)"
Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui; bundle-version="[2.3.0,3.0.0)"; visibility:="reexport"
Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.apache.batik.util; bundle-version="[1.6.0,1.7.0)"

but the corresponding dependencies are part of my Eclipse installation (based on Eclipse EMT Luna - I tried with Sirius 1.0.2 and 2.0.2).

Does it mean there is some extra packaging task to perform before trying to run the product ? Are these products compatible with recent Sirius or Eclipse releases ?
By chance, is there anywhere on GitHub a "dummy" Sirius-based Eclipse product working out of the box with Eclipse Luna and Sirius 1 or 2 ?

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 February 2015 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to run a Sirius-based product from Eclipse Luna [message #1682818 is a reply to message #1610256] Tue, 17 March 2015 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcin Trycz is currently offline Marcin TryczFriend
I had a similar problem.

The problem here is that you *already* are importing some of those packages, but a more recent version. For example, for org.apache.batik.util I needed both 1.7.0 and 1.6.0. (In your log it states it needs 1.6.0 up to 1.7.0, but *excluding* 1.7.0, and you're probably importing 1.7.0)

Unfortuantely I haven't found a way to fix this permanently, but here's a workaround:
Run your product from the .product file, it won't run, but a new run configuration will be created
Edit your run configuration, in the plugins tab, adding the required versions
It should run now
You need to do this everytime you change your .product file

Unfortunately I think Sirius documentation is kinda basic, expecially on RCP.

I'm just a user.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 March 2015 22:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to run a Sirius-based product from Eclipse Luna [message #1693621 is a reply to message #1682818] Sun, 26 April 2015 21:40 Go to previous message
Marcin Trycz is currently offline Marcin TryczFriend
If somebody is still having this problem, You just need to switch to the last Kepler relaese for Sirius development.
There is a compatibility problem with Luna for RCP applications.

I'm just a user.
Previous Topic:I'm a new for Sirius
Next Topic:Sirius from ecore model.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:14:50 GMT 2024