Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Sankey diagram
Sankey diagram [message #1610129] Tue, 10 February 2015 15:21 Go to next message
Stefan Seitz is currently offline Stefan SeitzFriend
I am looking for a report that mainly consists of a sankey diagram. Did anybody try something similar yet - or even better has an example report containing a sankey diagram?

Regards - Stefan
Re: Sankey diagram [message #1610559 is a reply to message #1610129] Tue, 10 February 2015 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I'm sure you know that BIRT doesn't have a Sankey diagram out-of-the-box, but you could try using an external JS library like Google Charts or D3JS. I tried real quickly to use both of them. I was able to use them in the viewer with the Preview servlet, but not with Run or Frameset. Not sure what the issue is there. If I get more time, I'll take a closer look and let you know if I find anything out.

I do know that BIRT Designer Professional will have an actual palette item in the next release for using 3rd party visualizations. That might be something to look into.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Sankey diagram [message #1611172 is a reply to message #1610559] Wed, 11 February 2015 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Seitz is currently offline Stefan SeitzFriend
Michael,
thanks for your reply. I will try out D3JS and will see if I can get it working.

Is there a way to already see what is in that next release of Birt Designer Professional?
Regards - Stefan
Re: Sankey diagram [message #1611780 is a reply to message #1611172] Wed, 11 February 2015 16:06 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

It should be out for public release, soon. Hopefully sometime in the next week. The 3rd party JS visualization palette element is definitely in there though. It'll definitely be worth getting, especially if you're using the BIRT iHub F-Type Freemium product.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Internationalization of HTML Button
Next Topic:Concatenate Values from Different Rows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:46:57 GMT 2024