Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Requirement ID validation(creating IDs that are checked for uniqueness)
Requirement ID validation [message #1603860] Fri, 06 February 2015 13:02 Go to next message
Lisa Moevius is currently offline Lisa MoeviusFriend
Hello Everyone!

I've just started using Papyrus for SysML modelling and requirements. I'm trying to give my requirements unique IDs that are checked for uniqueness by the model validation process, especially when I import requirements from another source.

When I create new requirements and their table, the column "id : String [1] " automatically appears. I can manually write an ID into the cells, however, what I actually want is to automatically have the entries made and unique IDs assigned (for example with a scheme "myID_001", "myID_002", and so on).

I have looked but not found the option, but I feel there must be such a function somewhere, as it doesn't make sense to manually add numbers that don't have the features an ID should have (i.e. that it should be unique and be checked for uniqueness by the validation routines. As it is, I can write the same ID in all cells).

Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks,
Lisa
Re: Requirement ID validation [message #1604052 is a reply to message #1603860] Fri, 06 February 2015 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Furkan Eke is currently offline Furkan EkeFriend
Hello Lisa,

Papyrus has 100 unit features an 1 unit documentation. This is the biggest problem with Papyrus. It is almost impossible to understand most of its features.

Are you really able to work with requirements table of Papyrus anyway? I have given up long ago. Could you please explain how you can work with it?

Best regards,
Furkan
Re: Requirement ID validation [message #1608623 is a reply to message #1604052] Mon, 09 February 2015 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Lisa,

Automatic generation of Requirement IDs is currently not supported in Papyrus.

We will provide a mechanism to customize the initial name of elements in Papyrus 1.1/Mars, and hopefully this will also support custom stereotype properties (Including Requirement IDs), but currently it's only a plan.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Requirement ID validation [message #1611613 is a reply to message #1608623] Wed, 11 February 2015 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lisa Moevius is currently offline Lisa MoeviusFriend
@Camille:

Thanks for the clarification. And good to know I'm not just being thick not finding the functionality...

@Furkan:

I've gotten my head around the basic functionality which works well enough. Click Papyrus > New Table > Create ... configurations catalogue > Requirement table. Then your requirements in the model or any new requirements will appear here incl. changes when you update diagrams. But as soon as it comes to importing or so, the basic functionality as it stands doesn't seem to be ready yet for more professional needs, which is a bit of a shame.
Re: Requirement ID validation [message #1614896 is a reply to message #1611613] Fri, 13 February 2015 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
The functionality to create Requirement, with a custom prefix will be added in extra plugins (it was not put open source)
You can choose your prefix and chosse the number of digit for requirement number as "Req_0001".
We wonder, it the garmmar could be more complex, he could be interesting to write something like that:
 prefix+ projectName+ modelName+ subpackageName+ id(3 digits).

What do you think?
Re: Requirement ID validation [message #1619615 is a reply to message #1614896] Mon, 16 February 2015 18:09 Go to previous message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

You might also want to consider numbering based on requirement containment (or is that what you mean by "subpackageName"?). Contained requirements would numbered by "parentID" + "." + id.

/Charles Rivet
Previous Topic:Component Diagrams with ball & socket in UI
Next Topic:SysML error model validation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:11:56 GMT 2024