Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » See the git commands that are executed by the EGit GUI?(I'd like to learn the git CLI while using EGit)
See the git commands that are executed by the EGit GUI? [message #1602797] Thu, 05 February 2015 20:26 Go to next message
Kevin Ford is currently offline Kevin FordFriend
I am wondering if there is a way to see which git commands are being executed as a result of my clics in the EGit plugin's views.

The line of thinking is similar to an Eclipse pluging called "MouseFeed" which gives you a popup to show you the keyboard shortcut for the actions you take, so when you right click and select refactor\rename, it'll popup with <shift><alt><r>

Even if it's just a log file that I can tail in another window that would be helpful.
Re: See the git commands that are executed by the EGit GUI? [message #1603494 is a reply to message #1602797] Fri, 06 February 2015 07:32 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
No, this isn't available.

EGit is not based on the C implementation of Git but uses JGit's Java API. Only the high-level part of
this API can be mapped to the corresponding git command line commands.

JGit is going to introduce logging soon [1], this could be used to provide a log of git actions also in EGit.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=458445
Previous Topic:egit ssh failure
Next Topic:JGIt: pulling across directories.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:11:47 GMT 2024