Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Creating software process editor
Creating software process editor [message #1601305] Wed, 04 February 2015 21:44
Ond345ej Trlifaj is currently offline Ond345ej TrlifajFriend
Hello,

At first I am sorry for my poor english.
I am new to Eclipse EMF+GMF and I need an advice from people, who know GMF better than me.

Domain is Software Process configuration with UML (class, use-case and activity diagrams)

I have a Software Process metamodel created in .ecore file. I created genmodel and generated code.

Concrete model of software process is in a xml knowledge base.

Also i have for example activity diagram metamodel created in .ecore file.

I need to read xml knowledge base, create a model of a Software Process and then map elements of Software Process to elements of Activity Diagram. (For example Process or Task -> Activity , Context -> Swimlane, Goal -> Note)

Activity Diagram palette should offer me concrete instances of Activity diagram model classes which were mapped from Software Process and i should be able to model a diagram using only these instances. (Nothing will be saved back to Software Process Model)

Example Palette

Activities:

• Find Actors
  • Write the Plan

Swimlanes:

• Requirements Domain
  • Analysis and Design Domain

I don't know, how should i build an architecture of my project? I have a project with generated code of the SP metamodel and a project, where i have created a metamodel for Activity diagram. I don't know, what should be the next step - creating Diagram editor using GMF dashboard? Where should be the SP->AD mapping written?

Thank you for reading
Previous Topic:Create 2 Diffrents Models in the same application
Next Topic:UUID linking issue with model & Diagram File in GMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:59:42 GMT 2024