Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » New editor for new content type(New editor)
icon5.gif  New editor for new content type [message #1599842] Tue, 03 February 2015 23:00 Go to next message
Hemant Kolwalkar is currently offline Hemant KolwalkarFriend
I am working on a prototype (adding a new editor for a new content type extension) with Orion. I have followed the examples available online and been able to implement except for one aspect.

My question is how does a remote service provider (in this case MyEditor.jsp) get hold of the contents of the file in order to edit and then save the modified content back? I do not see any EditorContext (ObjectReference) available for these extensions.

Any help would be appreciated.

// Declare an editor
provider.registerServiceProvider("orion.edit.editor", {}, {
id: "my.editor",
name: "My Editor",
uriTemplate: "{+OrionHome}/content/content.html#{+Location},contentProvider=my.content"});

// Declare content types
provider.registerServiceProvider("orion.core.contenttype", {}, {
contentTypes:
[{ id: "application/myown",
"extends": "application/xml",
name: "MYOWN",
extension: ["myown"]
}]
});

// Associate editor with content types
provider.registerServiceProvider("orion.navigate.openWith", {}, {
editor: "my.editor",
contentType: ["application/myown"]});

provider.registerServiceProvider("orion.page.content", {}, {
id: "my.content",
name: "My Content",
saveToken: [{token: "myownapi?myown=", terminator: "&"}],
uriTemplate: "http://localhost:9999/MyEditor.jsp?myown={+OrionHome}{+Location}&referrer=Orion&title={Name}&locktype=false&exit={+ExitURL}&target={+SaveURL}pdmapi&locktitle=false,contentProvider=my.content"});

provider.connect(
function() {
console.log('my editor connected.');
},
function(e) {
throw e;
});

thanks,

- Hemant
Re: New editor for new content type [message #1604084 is a reply to message #1599842] Fri, 06 February 2015 16:21 Go to previous message
Mark Macdonald is currently offline Mark MacdonaldFriend
The EditorContext API currently does not offer direct access to the filesystem. This is by design.

There's a few different ways you can approach this:

1. Co-locate MyEditor.jsp on the Orion back end server, where it can access the user's workspace directly through the filesystem on the server.
  2. Locate MyEditor.jsp on a remote server R, but set up some kind of server-to-server communication between R and the Orion server, such that R can access the user's workspace. The channel between the 2 servers would be "out-of-band" with respect to Orion.
  3. This is similar to option #1, but done through the client rather than the server:

Host MyEditor.jsp on the same origin as the Orion client code. MyEditor.jsp loads Orion's bootstrap.js module. Then the Orion FileClient API can be invoked to to read & modify files from the user's workspace, with the same privileges as the main Orion page.

This is the approach currently used by some plugins that ship with Orion that need direct filesystem access, like javascriptPlugin.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 February 2015 16:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to do Remote client / Remote data?
Next Topic:How to create a import file wizard in orion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:59:47 GMT 2024