Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Teneo] EntityManagerFactoryImpl.transactionType not set
[Teneo] EntityManagerFactoryImpl.transactionType not set [message #1597949] Mon, 02 February 2015 17:25 Go to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Hi Martin

I'm upgrading to teneo 2.1.0 and hibernate 4.3.8 and came across a problem because "hibernate.transaction.flush_before_completion" was not set, no data was stored in the database.
Used to be ignored:
WARN: org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration - HHH000059: Defining hibernate.transaction.flush_before_completion=true ignored in HEM

After some more debugging I found out that different flush checkers are used:
4.2: org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.ManagedFlushCheckerImpl
4.3: org.hibernate.engine.transaction.synchronization.internal.SynchronizationCallbackCoordinatorNonTrackingImpl.STANDARD_MANAGED_FLUSH_CHECKER

This made me curious and I found out that org.hibernate.jpa.internal.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.transactionType is null.
Because in org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.HbEntityDataStore.buildEntityManagerFactory() a new SettingsImpl() is passed where transactionType is null.

So this leads to my actual question, is this a bug or on purpose? Is the transactionType not required anymore?

My transaction type is set to JTA: <prop key="javax.persistence.transactionType">JTA</prop>

A possible problem that I see in org.hibernate.jpa.spi.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.postInit(), is that joinTransaction( false ) is not called anymore.

greets
Flavio

Prozessmanagement und Qualitätsmanagement Software QMS/IMS
https://www.scodi.ch

[Updated on: Mon, 02 February 2015 17:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Teneo] EntityManagerFactoryImpl.transactionType not set [message #1602025 is a reply to message #1597949] Thu, 05 February 2015 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Flavio,
This is a bug, can you propose a patch for this and attach it to a bugzilla?

gr. Martin

On 02-02-15 18:25, Flavio Donze wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> I'm upgrading to teneo 2.1.0 and hibernate 4.3.8 and came across a problem because
> "hibernate.transaction.flush_before_completion" was not set, no data was stored in the database. Used to be ignored:
> WARN: org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration - HHH000059: Defining hibernate.transaction.flush_before_completion=true
> ignored in HEM
>
> After some more debugging I found out that different flush checkers are used:
> 4.2: org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.ManagedFlushCheckerImpl
> 4.3:
> org.hibernate.engine.transaction.synchronization.internal.SynchronizationCallbackCoordinatorNonTrackingImpl.STANDARD_MANAGED_FLUSH_CHECKER
>
>
> This made me curious and I found out that org.hibernate.jpa.internal.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.transactionType is null.
> Because in org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.HbEntityDataStore.buildEntityManagerFactory() a new SettingsImpl() is passed
> where transactionType is null.
> So this leads to my actual question, is this a bug or on purpose? Is the transactionType not required anymore?
>
> A possible problem that I see in org.hibernate.jpa.spi.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.postInit(), is that joinTransaction(
> false ) is not called anymore.
>
> greets
> Flavio
>

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [Teneo] EntityManagerFactoryImpl.transactionType not set [message #1602091 is a reply to message #1602025] Thu, 05 February 2015 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I will do that.

Greets
Flavio

Re: [Teneo] EntityManagerFactoryImpl.transactionType not set [message #1602137 is a reply to message #1602025] Thu, 05 February 2015 10:45 Go to previous message
Here the issue for the record:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=459208

patch will follow

Previous Topic:[TENEO] Possible performance Issue in IdentifierCacheHandler
Next Topic:XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:21:13 GMT 2024