Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Where it is ( getBackendSubject() );(Following Scout Book Tutorial)
Where it is ( getBackendSubject() ); [message #1596269] Sun, 01 February 2015 14:47 Go to next message
Santo Mota is currently offline Santo MotaFriend
Hi guys, I'm following book's instructions and got literal error when I write this statement.

ServerSession serverSession = SERVICES.getService(IServerSessionRegistryService.class)
.newServerSession(ServerSession.class, Activator.getDefault().getBackendSubject());

inside the class Activator.class there isn't the method getBackendSubject().
Should I add this method manually? or there is some instruction to follow it, if I want to create this method.

Any help will be welcome.
Re: Where it is ( getBackendSubject() ); [message #1599062 is a reply to message #1596269] Tue, 03 February 2015 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Zimmermann is currently offline Matthias ZimmermannFriend
hi
if it's not there already, just add the method to the Activator class as shown in the book's source code [1]. please let us know if this helped and if so, where you think we should mention this in the book.
thanks

[1] https://github.com/BSI-Business-Systems-Integration-AG/scoutbook/blob/master/code/oneDayTutorial/org.eclipsescout.contacts.server/src/org/eclipsescout/contacts/server/Activator.java
Re: Where it is ( getBackendSubject() ); [message #1599121 is a reply to message #1596269] Tue, 03 February 2015 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
Hi there

In the scout tutorial application that you mention, the method getBackendSubject() is defined in the Activator of the server plugin. (View source on Github ).

If you try to follow the book, check that you import the Activator of the server plugin . It easily happens to select the the wrong Activator (of another plugin) in autocompletion or when organizing the imports...
Re: Where it is ( getBackendSubject() ); [message #1600077 is a reply to message #1599121] Wed, 04 February 2015 02:41 Go to previous message
Santo Mota is currently offline Santo MotaFriend
Thanks everyone, with the method getBackendSubject() I added by myself, following your instruction.
I tested a few scout new project and all of them automatic writes that method ,
so, i dont understand how it was with my first proejct.

BOOK SCOUT 4.0
6.5. INSTALLING THE DATABASE

Previous Topic:OutlinePage with Form only?
Next Topic:Red Icon on Tab right after loading data in form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:07:34 GMT 2024