Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » How to show open file in PHP Explorer?
How to show open file in PHP Explorer? [message #1593546] Fri, 30 January 2015 18:29 Go to next message
Dave H is currently offline Dave HFriend
When I do a search, I can right-click on a file result and select Show In > PHP Explorer, which selects the file (so I end up in its folder), but I need that functionality for open files if I don't remember where I found them.

I can do that in NetBeans by right-clicking the open file tab, but doing that in Eclipse only gives close options; I think I used a keyboard shortcut years ago, but I can't find it now.
Re: How to show open file in PHP Explorer? [message #1593552 is a reply to message #1593546] Fri, 30 January 2015 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
Same as on netbeans. Ctrl + shift + r. Write select enter Wink

Re: How to show open file in PHP Explorer? [message #1593620 is a reply to message #1593552] Fri, 30 January 2015 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh Thanks Smile I didn't know it was that in NetBeans either.

What do you mean by Write select enter?
Re: How to show open file in PHP Explorer? [message #1593626 is a reply to message #1593620] Fri, 30 January 2015 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wait, that just opens an "Open Resource" box with empty fields... I know there was a shortcut by hovering/clicking on the tab then hitting a keyboard combo, but I can't remember what it was.

By the way, I tried to find it on the shortcut list through Ctrl+Shift+L
Re: How to show open file in PHP Explorer? [message #1593683 is a reply to message #1593626] Fri, 30 January 2015 20:37 Go to previous message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
after ctr+shift+r (or +t for classes, +m for methods), search field should be focused, so write part name (file, class, function depend on shortcut). Result should be visible above.

Use keybord arrows (up/down) to select next hit enter. And viola, file should be opened.

More useful shortcut you can find here: http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseShortcuts/article.html

Previous Topic:Eclipse Luna keeps DLTK indexing each 5 minutes and freeze
Next Topic:Internal Web Browser isn't desplaying
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:56:31 GMT 2024