Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Error after merging two workspace folders(Error message when trying to save periodic snapshot)
icon9.gif  Error after merging two workspace folders [message #1591733] Thu, 29 January 2015 18:15 Go to next message
Rob Lewis is currently offline Rob LewisFriend
I accidentally had Eclipse workspaces in two different folders. Sometimes stuff got saved in one, sometimes in the other.

When I discovered this, I did a two-way sync on the folders to make sure they both had the latest versions of everything. Then I deleted the extra folder (after saving an archive of it).

I'm sure that's why Eclipse is now giving me this message:

An internal error occurred during: "Periodic workspace save.".
Cannot set lower sequence number for root (previous: 47, new: 45). Location: /Users/rob/Google Drive/Eclipse Workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.safetable/org.eclipse.core.resources

It hasn't seemed to cause any problems in the project I'm currently working on, but I'd like to resolve the issue and stop it appearing.
Re: Error after merging two workspace folders [message #1591881 is a reply to message #1591733] Thu, 29 January 2015 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
I recommend deleting the project from your workspace, making sure to NOT select the option to remove the files on disk. Then re-import the project into your workspace. That should clear up the invalid metadata about the project that is causing problems.
Re: Error after merging two workspace folders [message #1593181 is a reply to message #1591881] Fri, 30 January 2015 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hamed Mohammadi is currently offline Hamed MohammadiFriend

Delete projects from the folder that you now have an archive of it from the second folder then import projects from that archive to your workspace.
Re: Error after merging two workspace folders [message #1593539 is a reply to message #1591881] Fri, 30 January 2015 18:22 Go to previous message
Rob Lewis is currently offline Rob LewisFriend
Deleting the project without deleting the files on disk went OK. But when I tried to re-import it, it kept saying the project already existed, and the checkbox to select it was grayed out.

I made it work by creating a new project, and specifying its directory as the one containing the existing project files. It didn't complain about that and it seems to be OK so far.

So the advice to "import" the project doesn't seem to be quite right. But anyway, I think the issue is resolved, thanks.
Previous Topic:How to access Active IDialog
Next Topic:Mac Downloads Wrong JUnit in Tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:52:02 GMT 2024