Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Help for creating stardust standalone engine(Help for creating stardust standalone engine)
Help for creating stardust standalone engine [message #1590987] Thu, 29 January 2015 08:50 Go to next message
manu Jacquot is currently offline manu JacquotFriend
Hi all, hi support,

I tested the 2 projects found under this links:

wiki.eclipse.org/Stardust/Knowledge_Base/Testing/Standalone_Spring
wiki.eclipse.org/Stardust/KnowledgeBase/Testing/HowToTest

In the Standalone project, I ran with success the JUnit test.
Now, i would want make the steps below:
-create a standalone engine (running without tomcat server) using the libraries of stardust 2.1.0
-deploy the engine as jar file
-the engine accepts as parameter an xpdl file and entry values for the model activities

The HowToTest project accept entry values, but when i run the project, it finish with errors...
The libraries versions seem obsolete.

Is there an example of a recent project for creating a standalone project with previous steps ?
Where i can found help to do this ?

Thanks very much for your help.

Best regards
Re: Help for creating stardust standalone engine [message #1601940 is a reply to message #1590987] Thu, 05 February 2015 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajkumar Dangi is currently offline Rajkumar DangiFriend
Hi,

Try attached project(Stardust_Testing_Embedded_Spring_2.1.0.zip) which uses libraries of stardust 2.1.0

-Thanks
RajKumar
Re: Help for creating stardust standalone engine [message #1602975 is a reply to message #1590987] Thu, 05 February 2015 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Hendrik Scheufen is currently offline Jan Hendrik ScheufenFriend

Hi Manu,

Stardust 2.1.0 also contains a first version of what is supposed to become an official framework for bootstrapping a Stardust engine as port of your functional tests. The artifact is called "stardust-engine-test" and it allows you to include the bootstrapping of an IPP Spring context in your JUnit tests via rule annotations, for example:

@ClassRule
public static final TestClassSetup testClassSetup = new TestClassSetup(new UsernamePasswordPair("motu", "motu"), ForkingServiceMode.JMS, "MyModel");

As I said, Stardust 2.1.0 contains a very early version of this and we're going to add documentation and more functionality in the next Stardust release, but if you're interested, this is the dependency:

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.eclipse.stardust.engine</groupId>
   <artifactId>stardust-engine-test</artifactId>
</dependency>
Re: Help for creating stardust standalone engine [message #1604940 is a reply to message #1602975] Sat, 07 February 2015 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kayvan jam is currently offline kayvan jamFriend
hi all ,
i wanna start my process definition with spring bean trigger , how possible this ? plz help me with an example.
Re: Help for creating stardust standalone engine [message #1607850 is a reply to message #1604940] Mon, 09 February 2015 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

can you clarify this a bit more?
There is no "Trigger" type with that name in Stardust for modelling, so I assume you mean starting the process via an API call from a Spring bean?

Thanks,

Jan
Re: Help for creating stardust standalone engine [message #1607883 is a reply to message #1607850] Mon, 09 February 2015 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi.
exactly , in embedded mode i wanna from spring bean start my process of course i saw starting the process via an api call but let me clarify this a bit more i wanna thing like custom tasklistener in activity ,stardust exist something like this?
Re: Help for creating stardust standalone engine [message #1607889 is a reply to message #1607883] Mon, 09 February 2015 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

OK. So we're not talking about the use case inside a test case anymore. You're looking for a way to start a process instance ... but I'm still not sure about the exact requirements.
When you say "custom task listener in activity", what do you mean? When you have a task / activity instance then a process instance must already exist.
Do you intend to start another process instance while the user is working on a task? Or do you need to correlate an external event to complete an activity and then drive the process forward?

Jan
Re: Help for creating stardust standalone engine [message #1607942 is a reply to message #1607889] Mon, 09 February 2015 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for your time dear ,
i need correlate an external event to start process and drive the process forward
Re: Help for creating stardust standalone engine [message #1608606 is a reply to message #1607942] Mon, 09 February 2015 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

Please see the Service Bus Handbook as the main starting point. It describes the integration with the Apache Camel layer which allows you to route external events from anywhere (see Camel components: http://camel.apache.org/components.html) to the Stardust engine.

The chapters that would cover what you're looking for are:
1. Camel Triggers to start a process:
http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.camel/html/camel/camel-triggers.htm
2. Camel Applications (using 'Receive' mode) to correlate events to existing processes that are in a waiting (hibernated) state:
http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.camel/html/camel/camel-application-type.htm

The Camel Trigger and Camel Application Type are shortcuts in the modeler for the functionality provided by Stardust's own Camel component under the hood. For a more advanced reading on the capabilities of this component please see:
http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.camel/html/camel/camel-ipp-component.html

Best regards,
Jan
Re: Help for creating stardust standalone engine [message #1609809 is a reply to message #1608606] Tue, 10 February 2015 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
tahnks. it's possible using camel in embedded mode ? or i must have server?
Re: Help for creating stardust standalone engine [message #1609861 is a reply to message #1609809] Tue, 10 February 2015 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

Yes, amongst other options Camel can be embedded in a Spring container without the need for an application server.
Re: Help for creating stardust standalone engine [message #1610075 is a reply to message #1609861] Tue, 10 February 2015 14:37 Go to previous message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Please also see:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Stardust/Knowledge_Base/Integration/Camel
Previous Topic:urgent problem
Next Topic:Stardust_Testing_Embedded_Spring_2.1.0 extended
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:29:34 GMT 2024