Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Page Break when displaying large text(Page Break when displaying large text)
Page Break when displaying large text [message #1587083] Tue, 27 January 2015 06:12 Go to next message
Sachin Rajmane is currently offline Sachin RajmaneFriend
Hi Birt Experts,

I know, this issue is there from quite long time, I just want to know if it is resolved or not.

And if yes, then how.

I am attaching sample report for more explanation.

Issue is, when there is large text data which cant fit in a single page, is in detail section of table, it gets page break, and header gets printed on first page where as text gets printed on second page.

I want header and text on same page.

Please let me know, if there is any solution/workaround for this.
  • Attachment: test.pdf
    (Size: 2.61KB, Downloaded 288 times)
  • Attachment: test.rptdesign
    (Size: 38.39KB, Downloaded 189 times)
Re: Page Break when displaying large text [message #1588306 is a reply to message #1587083] Tue, 27 January 2015 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

The detail rows of your table have "page break inside" set to "avoid". With this setting, BIRT keeps your table row together the most it can. This means breaking before to get the most on a single page. If you change this back to Auto, the large space doesn't happen.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Page Break when displaying large text [message #1783409 is a reply to message #1588306] Mon, 12 March 2018 17:31 Go to previous message
Geert Soet is currently offline Geert SoetFriend
Dear Michael,

Thank you for the explanation. However, because of overlapping text in the PDF output, we have to set the page break inside to avoid. This causes the text to leave the header element before which should stick together.

Any idea how we could work around that?

Thanks

Previous Topic:How to show values in table horizontally in BIRT
Next Topic:How to display quaterwise data in bar chart in birt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:03:47 GMT 2024