Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » A methodological guid to model a system in SysML(A methodological guid to model a system in SysML)
A methodological guid to model a system in SysML [message #1585755] Mon, 26 January 2015 13:14 Go to next message
Adrien Lefevre is currently offline Adrien LefevreFriend
Good afternoon,

I would like to know the different steps to model a system in SysML with Papyrus and how to do that. I heard that I have to start with the BDD about context. Then, the next step consists in creating the Use Case Diagrams.
I studied UML at school but I'm a little bit lost with SysML.

To finish with, my question is: where can I find a complete guid to help me?

Thank you very much and sorry for my English,

Adlef.
Re: A methodological guid to model a system in SysML [message #1585953 is a reply to message #1585755] Mon, 26 January 2015 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Adrien,

There is, of course, the OMG spec itself, but that would be rather complex...

In my opinion, the reference book is "A Practical Guide to SysML: The Systems Modeling Language" by Sanford Friedenthal (a major SysML driving force), Alan Moore, and Rick Steiner (ISBN 978-0123852069). It provides much information and background about SysML. I have also been able to recreate the diagrams in this book using Papyrus's SysML implementation. The one issue I have with this book is that, although complete and very detailed, it is apparent that it was written by three persons and there is not a single, and-to-end example used throughout the book.

Another book that will get you started quickly and that does use a single example is "SysML Distilled: A Brief Guide to the Systems Modeling Language" by Lenny Delligatti (ISBN 978-0321927866). Shorter and not as detailed as the previous book, but complete and sufficient to learn how to use SysML, especially if you already have a background in system engineering (although such a background is not required).

Finally, if all you want is a quick summary, there is a good tutorial presentation from the authors of the first ("reference") book on the OMG web site: http://www.omgsysml.org/INCOSE-OMGSysML-Tutorial-Final-090901.pdf

Good luck and good study!

/Charles Rivet

[Updated on: Mon, 26 January 2015 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A methodological guid to model a system in SysML [message #1585967 is a reply to message #1585953] Mon, 26 January 2015 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrien Lefevre is currently offline Adrien LefevreFriend
Hi Charles,

Thank you very much for your fast reply. I'm going to check those books.

Thanks again!
Re: A methodological guid to model a system in SysML [message #1648886 is a reply to message #1585967] Wed, 04 March 2015 04:19 Go to previous message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Adrien,

I recently found and started reading another SysML book, this time in French: "Modélisation de systèmes complexes avec SysML" by Pascal Roques. Solid thus far.

/Charles Rivet
Previous Topic:Hide lements in a TreeSelectorDialog
Next Topic:Parents up with Arrange Actions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:47:29 GMT 2024